Old December 22nd 09, 10:26 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer
Taylor Kingston[_2_]

Default I am reprinting "The Tactical Grob" by Claude Bloodgood

On Dec 22, 3:57*pm, ChessFire wrote:
On Dec 22, 9:56*am, Taylor Kingston
wrote:

* If you wanted to say "I had never heard of algebraic notation until
I was umpteen years old," then you should have written that. Not

But that is NOT my point, numbskull! It is that chess books did not
use algebraic notation in my youth.

Utter nonsense, Phil. Algebraic notation has been used by most of
the chess world for centuries. The fact that you were ignorant of it
does not change that fact.

Well, I'm off now for a week in sunny San Diego. Happy Christmas to
all!