Old December 7th 17, 07:23 PM posted to
Default Child Prodigy defeats World Champion.

On Thursday, December 7, 2017 at 11:10:11 AM UTC-7, Quadibloc wrote:
On Thursday, December 7, 2017 at 1:43:05 AM UTC-7, Offramp wrote:
Stockfish lost to AlphaZero, the new kid on the block.

I thought that the commercial chess engine Komodo was stronger than

The paper referred to Stockfish as the TCEC 2016 champion. I see that in
2017 at the TCEC, Houdini was the champion, and Komodo the runner-up. It
was in 2015 and 2014 that the situation I remembered - Komodo the champ,
and Stockfish the runner-up - existed.

John Savard