Oh, boy, here's a question bound to open a can of flames....

Old July 25th 03, 06:46 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.misc
mike and belinda

Default Oh, boy, here's a question bound to open a can of flames....

where might i get a version of the king.....and deep fritz?
Nonyz wrote in message
My observations:

Shredder 7 seems to have that edge over others. Although there is no
_absolute strongest_ engine it gets closest to that title on my PC.

Fritz 8 is the most well balanced player, it can pretty much hold its
own agst any engine. And it's absolutely devastating against humans...

Deep Junior is the most 'different.' During simultaneous patzering
online games, DJ often disagrees with what most of the flock agree on. I
may be wrong but I think it's better for longer time controls.

Slightly OT, but my favorite still remains "The King."
I find it a very 'charismatic' player, for lack of a better word.

John Grabowski wrote:
...But I'm curious:

What's your favorite Chessbase engine and why?

(If you've only ever played one, please disqualify
yourself from this
thread. I want a comparison.)

John

Old July 26th 03, 12:06 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.misc
Michael Byrne

"mike and belinda" wrote in message ble.rogers.com...
where might i get a version of the king.....and deep fritz?
Nonyz wrote in message

The King is part of CM9K is available on line at amazon.com as well as
many stores. For Deep Fritz, you can try

www.chessbase.com
www.chessbaseusa.com
www.icdchess.com

Good luck!