WHERE TO PLAY CHESS ON A NEWSGROUP?

Old May 4th 04, 08:17 AM posted to alt.chess
Marc Chapleau

Default WHERE TO PLAY CHESS ON A NEWSGROUP?

IS there someone who can tell me on which newsgroup i can find an opponant
to play chess?

thanks!

Old May 4th 04, 10:01 PM posted to alt.chess
Rob Evans

you could always just sign up to www.pogo.com and play online

.. .

Old May 5th 04, 03:18 AM posted to alt.chess
shebang

Marc Chapleau wrote:
IS there someone who can tell me on which newsgroup i can find an opponant
to play chess?

thanks!

I recommend using Internet Chess Servers (for example: freechess.org
[AKA FICS]). It is not using newsgroups, but it is a very good way to
play chess online.

Chris