Knocking over the King rule -- can someone clarify?

Old May 21st 04, 01:13 AM posted to alt.chess
Bexley

Default Knocking over the King rule -- can someone clarify?

Sorry if this is a Chess moron question:

As I understand it, knocking over the King is a forfeit. Does this apply in the
case of an accident as well? In other words, if I accidentally knock over my
own King, do I forfeit the game?

TIA

--Bex.

Old May 21st 04, 11:30 AM posted to alt.chess
Bexley

Thanks for the info!

--Bex.

"David Bohm" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
No. It must be done deliberately to be a resignation.

David Bohm

.. .