Chess Newbie

Old July 8th 04, 11:53 PM posted to alt.chess
BN

Default Chess Newbie

Hi Folks,
My husband is teaching me chess ........ well, we're playing chess together,
but I'm getting to the point of realizing I have no plan. I go directly
from beginning game to end game ........ if you get what I mean.

I downloaded several chess programs last night: Chess Partner 5.3 and Chess
Opening Trainer, and tried them out, but got lost pretty quick. I think I
have the drift of COT - take few moves and then look at various options of
what could be played. I think what one is supposed to be able to do is to
roll out one option and see what happens, and, then go back look at the
other options.

Anyone have any suggestions of how - bottom line - to learn the game of
chess.

Thanks, Basirah

Old September 5th 04, 05:35 PM posted to alt.chess
Sam

Don't worry at all. It takes at least a whole year of constantly being
checkmated until a person begins to plan combinations!