Chess Cafe - USCF Controversy

Old September 3rd 04, 04:27 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess

Default Chess Cafe - USCF Controversy

We have missed the controversy which has been breaking out on other
chess groups under the heading: Who leaked this to Parr?

This is a complex matter, but I will try to summarize.

In early 2004, the USCF made a deal with ChessCafe under which Chess
Cafe took over the USCF books and equipment business and Chess Cafe
agreed to pay the USCF a minimum of $350,000 per year.

Bill Goichberg negotiated the deal with Chess Cafe. Tim Hanke was
opposed to the Chess Cafe deal because, crook that he is, Tim Hanke
wanted to give away the USCF Books and Equipment Business free of
charge to his friend in England.

The new controversy that has arisen concerns the fact that Chess Cafe
wants to sell books and equipment at USCF national events such as the
US Open.

Goichberg feels that Chess Cafe purchased that right when it bought
the Books and Equipment Business.

Hanke feels that Chess Cafe does not have that right and therefore
must pay on an event-by-event basis, just as any other vendor does.

The amount of money involved is considerable.

This debate has been conducted in private emails between the Executive
Board Members.

Somebody leaked these emails to that notorious villain, Larry Parr,
who posted it on the public newsgroups.

I do not know who committed this vile deed, but certainly Tim Hanke is
at the top of any list of suspects.

I feel deeply offended by this. Why did they leak it to Larry Parr
instead of to me? Larry Parr only sent it to thousands. I would have
sent it to millions.