Old chess sets

Old October 5th 04, 05:36 PM posted to alt.chess
Carl

Default Old chess sets

Does anyone know of a good source to research old or antique chess sets? One
of our club members has such a set that he has little information about and
I'd like to try and help him find some information. There is a possibility
the set is Italian but it's not certain. I have asked him to bring a few
pieces in to photograph so I can post somewhere (here?) to see if anyone can
assist.

NB. Please reply in this thread - I have doctored my email address to try
and deter spam.

Thanks,
Carl