Beatriz Marinello wants to be USCF Executive Director

Old October 9th 04, 12:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess

Default Beatriz Marinello wants to be USCF Executive Director

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 19:28:39 -0400, "StanB"
wrote:

No I'm not. If she resigns and is hired we'd have a WIM with experience in
the office and a degree in accounting. Sounds like the perfect fit.

I do not believe that Beatriz is suitable. She has apparently been
involved in several failed business ventures. When running for USCF
election, she stated that she was opening a pet food business on the
Internet. What happened to that? She moved to Miami for a job with the
World Chess Hall of Fame shortly after she was elected USCF President.
That was an obvious conflict of interest. She lasted about two weeks
at that job. More recently, she was trying to open a store in Miami.
What happened to that? What happened to the previous business she had
running a chess school?

Bill Goichberg is working for free. Beatriz wants to make enough money
as USCF Executive Director to earn a living. I assume that she wants
to get the more than $100,000 per year that Frank Niro and George
DeFeis received. The USCF lost nearly two million dollars under them.
Goichberg has returned the USCF to profitibility for one year after
the USCF lost money eight years in a row. I do not see how any
reasonable person would agree to throw out Goichberg and replace him
with Beatriz.

Old October 9th 04, 01:51 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess
StanB

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message

I do not believe that Beatriz is suitable. She has apparently been
involved in several failed business ventures.

Apparently? Well that proves it.

When running for USCF
election, she stated that she was opening a pet food business on the
Internet. What happened to that? She moved to Miami for a job with the
World Chess Hall of Fame shortly after she was elected USCF President.
That was an obvious conflict of interest. She lasted about two weeks
at that job.

A job given to her by a genorus benefactor so she could have health
benefits. She felt uncomfortable even so and resigned.

Bill Goichberg is working for free. Beatriz wants to make enough money
as USCF Executive Director to earn a living. I assume that she wants
to get the more than $100,000 per year that Frank Niro and George
DeFeis received.

When you assume you make an ass out of you. Only Schultz is saying it is a
six figure job now. Didn't he tell you that when he leaked the story to you?
Who does Don think we should hire?