ELO system

Old November 27th 04, 11:26 PM posted to alt.chess
John Carter

Default ELO system

Hi all
I currently play from UK on US Chess Live. How do I convert my US rating to
the British version.
US is currently 1680, what is this here, about 140?
I have never played at a real chess club so have no-one to ask and I was
going to ask USCL but saw this newsgroup.
Thanks for your time
John

Old November 28th 04, 10:23 AM posted to alt.chess
Nick Hounsome

"John Carter" wrote in message
Hi all
I currently play from UK on US Chess Live. How do I convert my US rating
to the British version.
US is currently 1680, what is this here, about 140?
I have never played at a real chess club so have no-one to ask and I was
going to ask USCL but saw this newsgroup.
Thanks for your time
John

I don't know about USCL but on ChessWorld.net they give the formula:
FIDE = BCF*8+600