Crossville

Old November 29th 04, 03:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess,alt.chess

Default Crossville

On 29 Nov 2004 03:12:55 GMT, (Parrthenon) wrote:

I thought the buliding and the land the USCF is now housed in was free and

clear when the USCF moved in years ago, was this not true? -- Leopold

I don't know. I don't think so, but perhaps somebody else can comment. --
Randy Bauer

The building was bought by the USCF during Tony Cottell's time as treasurer.
Chess Life ran a picture of him handing the check to someone or other.

Tough Tony, whom a few staff members called "the shark" and "the barracuda"
and a "knife murderer," had some ideas about saving money and sinking it into
property that did not always make what smart businessman would regard as good
sense. The other side of the coin is that we had a series of people running the
Federation who were evidently not smart businessmen.

If it had not been for Tough Tony's tight-fistedness, there would be no
Federation today. Now the USCF is in the ludicrous position of selling a
building that was completely paid for and firing virtually the entire staff in
order to move somewhere else and construct a new building with arguably a half
million dollar mortgage without having thoroughly investigated a site in
Liberty, New York, donated by a multibillionaire at a fraction of its true
value.

And so it goes.

This is an important post which answers some questions I had been
asking.

Tony Cottell last attended a USCF Delegate's meeting in Framingham,
Massachusetts in 2001. Before that, he was a regular and served two
three year terms as USCF Treasurer. It was while Cottell was treasurer
that the USCF build up a reserve in the LMA of $2 million.

Cottell did not come to the 2002 meeting in Cherry Hill NJ even though
he lives nearby in New Jersey. At this meting, motions were passed
weakening the LMA and Cottell would have been screaming had he been
there.

It it true that Cottell was disliked and unpopular. It it also true
that had not Cottell done some unpopular things, the USCF would have
been out of business years ago. Had Cottell not been defeated when he
ran again for treasurer, the USCF would still have $2 million in the
bank and would still own the building in New Windsor.

Anthony Cottell, please come back! We need you now!

Old November 29th 04, 08:30 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess,alt.chess
David Ames

(Sam Sloan) wrote in message ...
On 29 Nov 2004 03:12:55 GMT,
(Parrthenon) wrote:

[...]

Sam Sloan

Senor Wences, where are you now that we need you? We could use a good
laught in spite of circumstances.

David Ames
Old November 29th 04, 11:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess,alt.chess
StanB

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message

Tony Cottell last attended a USCF Delegate's meeting in Framingham,
Massachusetts in 2001. Before that, he was a regular and served two
three year terms as USCF Treasurer. It was while Cottell was treasurer
that the USCF build up a reserve in the LMA of $2 million.

Mutually exclusive. He did nothing to make the reserve. That credit goes to
Al Lawrence.

Cottell did not come to the 2002 meeting in Cherry Hill NJ even though
he lives nearby in New Jersey. At this meting, motions were passed
weakening the LMA and Cottell would have been screaming had he been
there.

Cottell, a CPA, was the principal architect of the non-GAAP system of
accounting for the LMA.

It it true that Cottell was disliked and unpopular. It it also true
that had not Cottell done some unpopular things, the USCF would have
been out of business years ago. Had Cottell not been defeated when he
ran again for treasurer, the USCF would still have $2 million in the
bank and would still own the building in New Windsor.

Nonsense. Ibid above. Tony was another one of those crackpots that gravitate
to chess. History will him place amid the Sloans, Bibulds, and Parrs that
haunt chess.

Old January 1st 05, 05:24 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc, rec.games.chess.politics, rec.games.chess, alt.chess
Rob

I thought I would share this information with those of you interested
about what kind of area Tennessee is and what kind of support
Crossville can provide. Please follow this link and read about The
Cumberland County Playhouse. It was built out of the money of the
community($10 share of stock were sold) to build a $100,000 playhouse
in 1965! WHat would those dollars be in 2005 dollars? Tennessee has a
tradition of volunteerism and community spirit. After you read of the
success of of The Cumberland County Playhouse, and you still have
concerns if Crossville can be a successful home for the USCF, write me
directly, or call me directly. Hopefully I will be able to put you at
ease. http://www.ccplayhouse.com/static/history.html

Happy New Year!

Rob Mitchell

Old January 1st 05, 08:34 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc, rec.games.chess.politics, rec.games.chess, alt.chess
Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (Wlod)

Rob Mitchell presents Crossville:

http://www.ccplayhouse.com/static/history.html

Charming. Moving.

You know, Rob, such a tiny, pristine
community like Crossville should not
be infested with USCF.

Happy New Year,

Wlod

Old January 1st 05, 02:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc, rec.games.chess.politics, rec.games.chess, alt.chess
Rob

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Old January 2nd 05, 01:20 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess,alt.chess
Johnny Most

"Rob" Hopefully I will be able to put you at ease.

I get the feeling you have already shoehorned yourself into a job?? Another
****ing vulture. Goober wants to show us what a wonderful town Mayberry is.

Get a job Goober, and stop trying to weasel your way into the USCF money.

Old January 2nd 05, 05:15 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc, rec.games.chess.politics, rec.games.chess, alt.chess
Rob

Johnny Most wrote:
"Rob" Hopefully I will be able to put you at ease.

I get the feeling

Using your emotions instead of reason is a dangerous practice. You have
NO IDEA what you may be doing.

you have already shoehorned yourself into a job?? Another
****ing vulture. Goober wants to show us what a wonderful town

Mayberry is.

I was always brought up to understand that the quality of ones language
decreases as culture and intellect decrease.

Get a job Goober, and stop trying to weasel your way into the USCF

money.

My name isn't Goober and I am not a legume. I have a job and a career
thank you.