Fearless Randy Bauer fears certified mail from Sam Sloan

Old December 1st 04, 03:30 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess,alt.chess

Default Fearless Randy Bauer fears certified mail from Sam Sloan

Fearless Randy Bauer fears certified mail from Sam Sloan

The bad guys who control the USCF Board are so utterly terrified of
certified mail from Sam Sloan that all but one of them has refused to
receive it. (Guess which one.)

To see the results of Sam Sloan's attempt to serve them with notice of
the pending lawsuit one need only to go to the US Postal Service
website at
http://www.usps.com/shipping/trackan...ckandc onfirm

Then, one needs to type in the certified mail numbers to see what
happened to Sam Sloan's attempts to serve the defendants by certified
mail.

All of these items were sent by certified mail on Wednesday, November
17, 2004, the day after Judge Lawrence Horowitz signed his order to
show cause. The numbers are all the same except for the last two or
three digits. In the case of Randy Bauer, the certified mail number is
70032260000196734444

Here is what comes back when you type in that number:

Track & Confirm

Current Status

You entered 7003 2260 0001 9673 4444

ACCEPTANCE, November 17, 2004, 3:49 pm, FAR ROCKAWAY, NY 11691 Your
item was refused by the addressee at 2:15 pm on November 20, 2004 in
URBANDALE, IA 50323 and is being returned to the sender. Information,
if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

By looking at the first page of the inside cover of Chess Life, one
can see that the zip code of the address of Randy Bauer is 50323. My
zip code is 11691. Therefore, this certified mail was sent by me to
Randy Bauer.

Three of the board members named as defendants do not have their own
address listed in Chess Life. Instead they use the USCF office address
as their own address. One of the board members, Elizabeth Shaughnessy,
has no mailing address listed at all, only an email address.

Here is what happened to the mail to the other defendants:

The zip code of Tim Hanke is 01950. My certified mail to him was
number 70032260000196734413

Here is what happened:

You entered 7003 2260 0001 9673 4413

We attempted to deliver your item at 10:28 am on November 19, 2004 in
NEWBURYPORT, MA 01950 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or
picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be
returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every
evening. Please check again later.

The zip code of Beatriz Marinello is 33133. My certified mail to her
was number 70032260000196734390

Here is what happened:

You entered 7003 2260 0001 9673 4390

We attempted to deliver your item at 2:23 pm on November 20, 2004 in
MIAMI, FL 33133 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked
up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned
to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening.
Please check again later.

The zip code of Steve Shutt is 19130. My certified mail to him was
number 70032260000196734406

Here is what happened:

You entered 7003 2260 0001 9673 4406

We attempted to deliver your item at 2:35 pm on November 19, 2004 in
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19130 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or
picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be
returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every
evening. Please check again later.

One the other hand, the zip code of Elizabeth Shaughnessy is 94709. My
certified mail to her was number 70032260000196734451

Here is what happened:

You entered 7003 2260 0001 9673 4451

Your item was delivered at 11:00 am on November 22, 2004 in BERKELEY,
CA 94709.

The zip code of the USCF is 12553. My certified mail to it was number
70032260000196734437

Here is what happened:

You entered 7003 2260 0001 9673 4437

Your item was delivered at 10:45 am on November 19, 2004 in NEW
WINDSOR, NY 12553.

You entered 7003 2260 0001 9673 4420

The zip code of Kenneth M. Chadwell, attorney for the City of
Crossville, is 38555. My certified mail to him was number
70032260000196734420

Here is what happened:

Your item was delivered at 10:37 am on November 22, 2004 in
CROSSVILLE, TN 38555.

So, it can be seen that the only board member brave enough to sign for
a certified letter from me was Elizabeth Shaughnessy. On the other
hand, she is the only board member who does not have a mailing address
listed in Chess Life. She perhaps did not realize that I knew her
residence address. Also, her husband or somebody else might have been
home and signed for the certified mail. Her green card certified mail
receipt has not come back. The only cards that have come back were
signed for by the USCF and by Kenneth M. Chadwell.

Old December 1st 04, 07:58 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess,alt.chess
Matt Nemmers

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message
Fearless Randy Bauer fears certified mail from Sam Sloan

We all fear certified letters from Sloan. He might be sending urine samples
or something equally disgusting. And come to think of it, his lawsuit
certainly qualifies.

MN

Old December 2nd 04, 03:55 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess,alt.chess
David Ames

I wonder if these several people would refuse certified letters from
the Court. What just happened at the Court in Goshen was only a
hearing. What happens next or soon may be a trial.

David Ames
Old December 9th 04, 11:41 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess,alt.chess

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 14:30:22 GMT, (Sam Sloan)
wrote:

[...]

Sam Sloan

Update! After a delay of two weweks, Steve Shutt has accepted my
certified mail. I got back the signed green card today. The rest are
being returned.

Here is the latest:

You entered 7003 2260 0001 9673 4444

Your item was refused by the addressee at 2:15 pm on November 20, 2004
in URBANDALE, IA 50323 and is being returned to the sender. No further
information is available for this item.

Here is what happened earlier:
ACCEPTANCE, November 17, 2004, 3:49 pm, FAR ROCKAWAY, NY 11691

You entered 7003 2260 0001 9673 4413

Your item was returned to the sender on December 08, 2004 because it
was not claimed by the addressee.

Here is what happened earlier:
NOTICE LEFT, November 19, 2004, 10:28 am, NEWBURYPORT, MA 01950
ACCEPTANCE, November 17, 2004, 3:46 pm, FAR ROCKAWAY, NY 11691

You entered 7003 2260 0001 9673 4390

Your item was returned to the sender on December 06, 2004 because it
was not claimed by the addressee.

Here is what happened earlier:
NOTICE LEFT, November 20, 2004, 2:23 pm, MIAMI, FL 33133
ACCEPTANCE, November 17, 2004, 3:44 pm, FAR ROCKAWAY, NY 11691

You entered 7003 2260 0001 9673 4406

Your item was delivered at 4:00 pm on December 03, 2004 in
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19130.

Here is what happened earlier:
NOTICE LEFT, November 19, 2004, 2:35 pm, PHILADELPHIA, PA 19130
ACCEPTANCE, November 17, 2004, 3:45 pm, FAR ROCKAWAY, NY 11691

You entered 7003 2260 0001 9673 4451

Your item was delivered at 11:00 am on November 22, 2004 in BERKELEY,
CA 94709.

Here is what happened earlier:
ACCEPTANCE, November 17, 2004, 3:47 pm, FAR ROCKAWAY, NY 11691