Brian Lafferty's candidacy

Old January 1st 09, 06:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess
samsloan

Default Brian Lafferty's candidacy

On Jan 1, 12:10*pm, marknibb wrote:

Absolutely, *and Susan should drop her lawsuit against the federation
and anyone else who has not harmed her. *I was most certainly
referencing the similarity between Brian's promise of transparency and
Susan's call for release of documents which she says show the improper
actions of those involved in the USCF current mess. *Both are
significant calls for transparency. * On this particular topic I would
agree with both Brian and Susan.

Wait a second. That is not what is meant by transparency.

Susan wants all the private emails that board members have exchanged
with each other, so that she can find out what the other board members
are saying about her and then sue them for saying whatever it was they
said

She is also demanding in the BINFOS all documents exchanged with
attorney Karl Kronenberger, the attorney who is suing her.

That is not a call for transparency.

Sam Sloan

PS For those of you who do not know, Mark Nibbelin, who posted above,
is the most devoted, the most rabid and the most angry of the last of
the devoted Polgaristas and Polgarites.

Old January 1st 09, 06:48 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess
marknibb

On Jan 1, 11:34*am, samsloan wrote:
[...]

Sam, it should be absolutely clear to you that I have stopped
supporting Ms. Polgar when she sued the federation. So, quit calling
me the most rabid and most angry of the last of the devoted
Polgaristas and Polgarites. And yes, it would be transparency to have
the emails attacking another EB member released so that we could all
see if what is charged is true. I suggested long ago when the charge
was first made, to possibly select an "independent" committee to
review the documents and release only those which supported the charge
of attacking her. I still believe that would be a workable solution -
of course the EB would be free to release any of the documents.

BTW.... yes I am angry that USCF politics is destoying the
organization. When will we ever get it right.
Also BTW..... I don't know you personally - but when you ran for the
last election, what I was able to gather of your potential as a USCF
board member from the internet and other sources made it clear you
were not qualified to lead the organization. That does not mean you
are not qualified to serve the organiztion.
Old January 1st 09, 08:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess
[email protected]

On Jan 1, 12:34*pm, samsloan wrote:
On Jan 1, 12:10*pm, marknibb wrote:

Absolutely, *and Susan should drop her lawsuit against the federation
and anyone else who has not harmed her. *I was most certainly
referencing the similarity between Brian's promise of transparency and
Susan's call for release of documents which she says show the improper
actions of those involved in the USCF current mess. *Both are
significant calls for transparency. * On this particular topic I would
agree with both Brian and Susan.

Wait a second. That is not what is meant by transparency.

Susan wants all the private emails that board members have exchanged
with each other, so that she can find out what the other board members
are saying about her and then sue them for saying whatever it was they
said

You mean, if they unfairly conspired together, then let the law take
its course?

She is also demanding in the BINFOS all documents exchanged with
attorney Karl Kronenberger, the attorney who is suing her.

That is not a call for transparency.

Yes it is - it is exactly a call for transparency in chess
governance.

It is even an acid-test of those who talk about transparency to
support or not. After all, if its the principle of the thing, it is
applicable to all parties, no? If governance at USCF is seen to
conspire to libel, confound and diminish other governance agents -
then is this not exactly why we now wish for such activities to be
visible?

Perhaps Sam Sloan thinks otherwise about the /need/ for transparency
no matter who speaks of whom?

When asked about his own position of back-ground testing, he punted.
He said USCF couldn't afford it, rather than whether this standard of
decency was desirable for those who set policy for young players.
Laughably, USCF spends a hundred thousand dollars on legal fees so far
this FY, but don't spend a nickel on averting the very conditions
occasioning legal action.

Poor management practice?

Sam Sloan

PS For those of you who do not know, Mark Nibbelin, who posted above,
is the most devoted, the most rabid and the most angry of the last of
the devoted Polgaristas and Polgarites.

He must be rabid-dog of the Month [ Jan through - ? ], according to
the Sloan calendar, I seem to have been rabid-dog pin-up boy for June-
November. May he enjoy his celebrity, etc.

Seriously, I note the Sloan becoming alarmed that we all might have an
adult conversation here based on objective standards applicable to
everyone, whether the subject is transparency or any other topic - and
he has resorted as usual to make believe that objective standards are
partisan issues.

How odd! Will he himself run for office under such a banner?

Phil Innes