Bonin's Greatest Games of Chess

Old August 18th 12, 02:51 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess
samsloan

Default Bonin's Greatest Games of Chess

International Master Jay Bonin is probably the most active chess
player in the world of his strength. He plays an average of 140 rated
tournaments and 700 games per year. He first became a master in 1975.
At age 57 his rating has declined about 100 points. His FIDE rating
was 2419 in 2000. Now it is down to 2319. He has played in 3391 USCF
rated tournaments since November 1991. His USCF rating is 2448.

http://www.uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlMain.php?10098327

http://ratings.fide.com/card.phtml?event=2000644

Considering the number of games he has played, relatively few of his
games are published in the chess databases. He plays his own unusual
opening systems. Since he does not study his own games he usually
throws his scoresheets in the trash. This has led his fans to scramble
to get his scoresheets out of the trash cans. Nowadays he throws them
in trash cans on the public streets to discourage this practice.

Jay Bonin has played an estimated 25,000 rated games against masters.
(That is twenty-five thousand games). We are trying to collect as many
of these games as we can from his opponents. Please send us as many
games as you can in PGN Format. We then plan to publish his most
representative two or three thousand games in a book.

Old October 8th 16, 12:53 AM
Radrook Radrook is offline
Junior Member

Location: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsloan View Post
[...]

Sam Sloan
Well, he did reach his goal of being a master and has kept within the parameters of that rating. All done while using his own opening systems? Not bad! Not bad at all!