Using a chessboard to play chess

Old January 5th 17, 06:42 PM posted to alt.chess
Seymore4Head

Default Using a chessboard to play chess

I have been playing chess so long using a computer playing on a
chessboard seems unnatural. My guess would be that Magnus Carlsen and
other masters also play more games on computers than chessboards.

I have been watching some of Calsen's chess games on Youtube where
they use a board and a clock. You would think both players would
prefer using a computer where the clock is controlled automatically.

The game is even shown on a computer and is much easier for me to
follow than watching the pieces on the board.

Do you think there are chess players that prefer a board or is the
board just for live "entertainment" value?

Maybe players should be playing on a computer and use a computer
generated board. Or just get rid of the board altogether.

I would think playing on a flat LCD table would even be preferable to
an actual chessboard. Of course I am a not a strong player so I
really can't speak for the pros.