Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : alt.chess (Alternative Chess Group) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
G.C.A. Oskam - F.J. Marshall 28-May-1906 by maxjasper
Hi friends, Please search your chess databases and kindly post the following game: G.C.A. Oskam - F.J. Marshall 28-May-1906
July 29th 06 06:41 PM
by maxjasper Go to last post
0 317
Sam Sloan's Secret Agenda for the USCF by Sam Sloan
Sam Sloan's Secret Agenda for the USCF Now that I have been elected to the Executive Board, I can now reveal my hitherto secret plans for the future of the organization. And, no, I am not going to guillotine all my defeated opponents, at least not just yet. Here are a few things I am going to try to get done. 1. Crossville Land Deal. The first thing I want to see is the deed to
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 29th 06 06:33 PM
by Louis Blair Go to last post
35 1,135
Hanken more Fully Explains the OLM Title by Sam Sloan
Hanken more Fully Explains the OLM Title Jerry Hanken called me at 7:00 AM this morning to continue our conversation of last night. He says that I caught him as he was on the way out the door when I called him to ask about the OLM Program and he answered off the top of his head and that he was unaware of the thread that was going on. When Jerry hurriedly finished the previous conversation, he...
July 29th 06 01:51 PM
by Sam Sloan Go to last post
5 769
Ratings Life? by Ringo
I was a member of the USCF about 20 years ago and competed in a couple of rated tournaments. I had a (very modest) rating and was listed in the ratings pages in the back of the Chess Life magazine. If I re-join the USCF, will my old ratings and tournament history be revived? Will they even put my old info and new info together again? Am I wasting my time?
July 29th 06 04:54 AM
by Andrew Go to last post
6 486
Boycott Gettysburg by Tom
Link to photos showing how the battlefield looked before superintendent John Latschar raped it. http://users.snip.net/~hart/ We loved Gettysburg: took dozens of week-long trips, spent many thousands of dollars there, but those days are over thanks to park superintendent John Latschar. He's ruining the battlefield. He calls it restoration. Desecration is more descriptive. If we spent another dime...
July 28th 06 04:33 PM
by Tom Go to last post
0 531
My old man won!!! sam Sloan, about time, What a reliefe....OUT WITH THE OLD by Peter Aravena Sloan
I hate to admit that I think Sam Sloan might actually try to make a change in the federation. Being that I am rated 2250 FIDE and 2201 USCF, I have a lot of disgust for things that never get done in this federation. Noone on the board of directors has ever been FIDE rated, or relies on playing chess as a source of income. Few things we need.
July 28th 06 03:59 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
7 809
Posting by Beatriz Marinello to uschess.org/forums by Sam Sloan
The following posting was written by Beatriz Marinello. You can find it at http://www.uschess.org/forums under "Executive board election results". Here is her complete quote: Beatriz Marinello PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:17 pm Dear All:
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 27th 06 04:42 AM
by Ange1o DePa1ma Go to last post
10 1,222
16 Fake Sam Sloan messages posted while I was at the World Open by Matt Nemmers
Sam Sloan wrote: 16 Fake Sam Sloan messages posted while I was at the World Open I just got back from the World Open. In my absence, 16 fake messages supposedly from me have been posted especially to the Newsgroup rec.games.chess.politics . I have proof that I did not post these fakes because as everybody at the World Open knows, I spent three days from July 2 to July 4 handing ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 26th 06 05:14 PM
by Louis Blair Go to last post
49 2,199
Bill Goichberg Slams Larry Parr by Sam Sloan
1.e4 e6 2.d4 d5 3.Nc3 dxe4 4.Nxe4 Nf6 5.Nxf6+ Qxf6 6.Nf3 Qd8 7.Bd3 c5 8.O-O Nc6 9.dxc5 Bxc5 10.Qe2 Qe7 11.Re1 Bd7 12.c3 Bd6 13.b4 f6 14.b5 Ne5 15.Nxe5 Bxe5 16.Bd2 Rc8 17.Qh5+ Qf7 18.Qf3 Rc7 19.Rac1 O-O 20.c4 Bd6 21.Be3 b6 22.Red1 Bc5 23.Bxc5 Rxc5 24.Bxh7+ Kxh7 25.Qd3+ Qg6 26.Qxd7 Rfc8 27.Rc3 Qe8 28.Rg3 Qxd7 29.Rxd7 Rg5 30.Rxg5 fxg5 31.Rxa7 Rxc4 32.Kf1 Rc2 33.Ra6 1-0 Thanks to John Donaldson of...
July 26th 06 01:18 AM
by Niemand Go to last post
1 605
Is a pawn worth a sacrifice? by Sanny
When I play with Beginner Level, I find the computer sacrifices its pawns for no reasion. But Once I am pawn up, I find that it is taking long time to defeat it. So was this pawn sacrifice done to improve the game position. Play a game at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html But when I play with Easy/ Normal Levels It does not sacrifices pawns as it calculates its pawns being killed and save...
July 25th 06 11:04 AM
by Sanny Go to last post
0 555
Hey, Sam..... by samsloan
Ange1o DePa1ma wrote: "samsloan" wrote in message ... Paul Rubin wrote: "samsloan" writes: For at least 15 years since 1991, Paul Rubin has advocated de-coupling the magazine from the membership. Paul Rubin also wants to reduce USCF dues to no more than...
July 25th 06 08:31 AM
by Ange1o DePa1ma Go to last post
1 651
My old man won!!! sam Sloan, about time, What a reliefe....OUT WITH THE OLD by Sam Sloan
I hate to admit that I think Sam Sloan might actually try to make a change in the federation. Being that I am rated 2250 FIDE and 2201 USCF, I have a lot of disgust for things that never get done in this federation. Noone on the board of directors has ever been FIDE rated, or relies on playing chess as a source of income. Few things we need.
July 24th 06 01:33 AM
by Sam Sloan Go to last post
0 557
I have just shipped my first Shogi DVDs by Sam Sloan
On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 18:15:24 GMT, (-) wrote: (Sam Sloan) wrote: Background music is "Sakura, Sakura", the traditional Japanese "Cherry Blossom" song. Technically speaking, _sakura_ means "Cherry Trees", not the blossoms. The _sakura_matsuri_ refers to blossoms.
July 21st 06 07:43 PM
by Taylor Kingston Go to last post
6 741
Ignore the forgeries with the Damiano, here are some real games by samsloan
wrote: Excellent point. I've always considered Sloan the most likely candidate for the author of the "fake sam" posts. Excellent point, since a lot of people consider Neil Brennen to be a prime suspect for being one of the Fake Sam Sloans. The IP addresses used by the Fake Sam Sloan indicates that he lives in the Philadephia area.
July 19th 06 08:29 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
9 625
What are the Chess Tournaments Time Controls. by Sanny
I would like to know the Basic Rules on Time Controls. Things I want to know are. 1. Max time each player can take for a single move. 2. I have heard some 40 Moves rule. What is that? 3. What happens if the game takes more than 40 moves 4. Is it neccesary to have each tournament game played withing the Time Control 5. Can we postpone a Chess game to be played another day (Say Someone
July 18th 06 09:16 AM
by Sanny Go to last post
0 557
Question, which book contain info about squares f7 and f2?!? by NotHere
I've often been curious as to how good the F2 and F7 squares play in the game, where would I find this information, if it exists?!? --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =-
July 18th 06 03:26 AM
by NotHere Go to last post
0 526
Should Elected USCF Officials be Allowed to Sit on their Rating Floors? by Sam Sloan
Should Elected USCF Officials be Allowed to Sit on their Rating Floors? Of the five current members of the USCF Executive Board, three have their ratings propped up to artificially high levels by rating floors, one other has played only three rated games in 30 years and only one has a current rating reflective of his true strength. That one is Joel Channing, who is an active player with a rating...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 18th 06 02:30 AM
by Sam Sloan Go to last post
11 926
My Biography of Dimitrije Bjelica by Sam Sloan
Dimitrije Bjelica From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Revision as of 05:21, 14 July 2006; Sam Sloan Dimitrije Bjelica (born 1935 in Belgrade, Yugoslavia) is a Yugoslav chess master who can be found in the Guinness Book of Records for playing a 312-board simul in Subotica in 1997 (sco +219-1=92). He also played a record-breaking 55-game blindfold simul (+50-1=4) in the same year in Herceg...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 17th 06 02:17 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
12 1,158
RIP Alexander Wojtkiewicz by Sam Sloan
http://beta.uschess.org/frontend/news_7_66.php GM Alexander Wojtkiewicz dies at 43. Chess Life Online is very sad to report that Grandmaster Alexander Wojtkiewicz passed away on Friday, July 14 around 6 pm. We lost Wojtkiewicz at the top of his game. He was among the nine players tied for first in the World Open (July) and the winner of the National Open. (June)
July 16th 06 02:56 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
6 802
Beatriz Marinello took another $4,993.64 in USCF Expense money by samsloan
Dane wrote: Do you think I might be able to finangle a trip to Nigeria out of them. Itb would be strictly business related, as I would like to establish a 419 Investment Enterprize. Yes. That seems like a great idea, especially since I received an email about a similar plan only today, so it must be successful. Since you are new here and came here from misc.legal, I will tell you
July 14th 06 07:13 PM
by Barnabas Collins Go to last post
5 606
Post New Thread