Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : alt.chess (Alternative Chess Group) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Fundamentos del Ajedrez by Capablanca published today; ChessFundamentals in Spanish by Offramp
On 27 Oct, 01:07, samsloan wrote: Ishi Press International is proud to announce the publication today of *Fundamentos del Ajedrez Roughly translated: Arseholes of Chess. Is anyone we know in it?
October 27th 09 10:26 PM
by Taylor Kingston[_2_] Go to last post
1 366
Fundamentos del Ajedrez by Capablanca published today; ChessFundamentals in Spanish by MrVidmar
samsloan wrote: Ishi Press International is proud to announce the publication today of Fundamentos del Ajedrez by Jose Raul Capablanca, with an introduction by Woman International Chess Master Beatriz Mansilla Marinello. This is the same book as "Chess Fundamentals", except that it is in Spanish. The book is available today at Barnes and Noble on line for a low pre- ...
October 27th 09 05:42 PM
by raylopez99 Go to last post
3 374
The Romance of Leonardo Da Vinci by None
On Oct 26, 6:48*pm, David Ames wrote: On Oct 25, 3:04*pm, samsloan wrote: On Oct 25, 2:56*am, help bot wrote: * All very interesting, Spam Sloan, but why did you
October 27th 09 03:43 PM
by None Go to last post
0 385
Memorandum Decision and Order of Judge Patel by MrVidmar
MEMORANDUM & ORDER Defendant’s Motion to Disqualify Plaintiffs’ Counsel; Defendant Alexander’s Motion to Dismiss for Lack of Personal Jurisdiction; Transfer of Venue The individual parties in this case are chess players who are involved in the governance of the United States Chess Federation (“USCF”). Plaintiffs USCF and Hough allege in this civil action that defendants Alexander and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 22nd 09 03:20 PM
by None Go to last post
20 1,525
Polgar Response to Berry SJ Motion by MrVidmar
PLAINTIFF SUSAN POLGAR’S RESPONSE IN OPPOSITION TO THE MOTION FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT FILED BY DEFENDANT JIM BERRY TO THE HONORABLE UNITED STATES DISTRICT JUDGE SAM R. CUMMINGS: 1. COMES NOW SUSAN POLGAR, Plaintiff, and files this her Response in Opposition to the Motion for Summary Judgment Filed by Defendant Jim Berry. In consideration of the facts,
October 22nd 09 11:52 AM
by MrVidmar Go to last post
1 479
Will Truong Appear for His Deposition on Tuesday? by MrVidmar
No ER for Paul. No, sir. He's there to tell everyone what really happened. Stay tuned. MrVidmar wrote: Or will he cancel at the last minute? Possible excuses might include: 1. a death of someone requiring that he attend a funeral (a death was used by Truong and Polgar as an excuse for not attending one USCF EB meeting); 2. a perceived medical emergency will cause Truong or...
October 22nd 09 05:55 AM
by The Historian[_2_] Go to last post
6 398
New Co-Counsel For Polgar/Truong In Parker Case by MrVidmar
ENTRY OF APPEARANCE AS CO-COUNSEL FOR DEFENDANTS PAUL TRUONG AND SUSAN POLGAR TO THE CLERK: Kindly enter my appearance, as co-counsel, for defendants, Paul Truong and Susan Polgar, with regard to the above matter. SWARTZ CAMPBELL LLC s/ Jordan S. Derringer
October 21st 09 07:02 PM
by MrVidmar Go to last post
6 450
It is impossible to completely eliminate fraud in title applications by samsloan
There is nothing in place to stop someone from doing again what Tanner did. However, the MSA makes it noticeable, which is how Tanner got caught. Back in 1992-1993 when these events actually occurred, it was impossible to detect this sort of thong. In short, it is never possible to completely eliminate fraud. Far more serious things have happened in FIDE. For example, in about 1998 a player...
October 21st 09 03:22 PM
by None Go to last post
2 449
Open Beta Testing for new skill games portal: Capture Play by Capture Play
We've just started open beta testing on a new games portal called Capture Play. It's a gaming site where you play games involving capturing pieces from your opponents, and then when the game is over, you can cash those pieces out for real money! Why am I posting this here on a chess forum? One of our flagship titles is chess, a game that is all about capturing pieces from your opponent. But...
October 20th 09 07:43 PM
by Capture Play Go to last post
0 516
San Antonio, 1972: Church's Fried Chicken, Inc. FirstInternational Chess Tournament by jkh001
On Oct 19, 4:45*pm, samsloan wrote: On Oct 14, 7:38*pm, samsloan wrote: On Oct 14, 6:53*pm, Taylor Kingston wrote: On Oct 14, 6:02*pm, jkh001 wrote:
October 20th 09 02:12 PM
by Just A Patzer Go to last post
1 415
San Antonio, 1972: Church's Fried Chicken, Inc. FirstInternational Chess Tournament by jkh001
On Oct 19, 4:45*pm, samsloan wrote: On Oct 14, 7:38*pm, samsloan wrote: On Oct 14, 6:53*pm, Taylor Kingston wrote: On Oct 14, 6:02*pm, jkh001 wrote:
October 20th 09 02:09 AM
by jkh001 Go to last post
0 390
GetClub gets more pride !!! by MeaningWhat[_2_]
Sanny schrieb: That doesn't give you the right to spam all these news group- Hide quoted text - I never spam. I always know that I do not spam. I only come here to learn from chess players how to improve GetClub. A few people cannot see that GetClub playing good and since they are unable to beat GetClub. They have found new ways to criticize me.
October 14th 09 03:36 PM
by Thomas T. Veldhouse[_2_] Go to last post
1 455
Wall Street Journal advocates Abolishing Women's Chess Titles by samsloan
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703298004574457393421190888.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_RIGHTTopCarousel Note that somebody is finally noticing. Alisa Melekhina has her picture in the Wall Street Journal. Perhaps some day she will even get her picture in Chess Life magazine. Sam Sloan
October 14th 09 12:36 PM
by Offramp Go to last post
1 584
Good Obituary of Jerry Hanken in the Boston Globe by samsloan
Here is the obituary of Jerry Hanken in the Boston Globe. http://www.boston.com/ae/games/articles/2009/10/12/chess_notes/ Sam Sloan
October 14th 09 06:03 AM
by Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (Wlod) Go to last post
1 455
Comparing Fischer vs Petrosian at Olympiads by William Hyde
On Oct 12, 4:13 pm, samsloan wrote: Thank you for posting this interesting article. Petrosian played in ten Olympiads, Fischer I think played in only two. In four, actually. In 1960,62,66 and 1970. His total result according to wikipedia was +40, =18, -7, for 75.4%. My copy of "60 memorable" does not break his Olympiad results down
October 13th 09 10:07 PM
by Taylor Kingston[_2_] Go to last post
1 438
Jerry Hanken (1934-2009) by NONE
On Oct 2, 7:31*am, ChessFire wrote: My condolences to the friends and family of Jerry Hanken. I'm sorry to learn of his passing. Very good Neil. Several people here have been aware of his condition, and I called Randy Hough last week to understand more. I think those who talked about it here thought the best obituaries or notices should come from ...
October 7th 09 03:36 AM
by NONE Go to last post
0 425
The Time Has Come to Put Alisa Melekhina on the Cover of ChessLife (finally) by samsloan
I just decided to check the IP address for this posting. Here is the result: APNIC - Query the APNIC Whois Database To assist you with debugging problems, this whois query was received from IP Address Your web client may be behind a web proxy.
October 6th 09 10:41 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 476
Source for Eight Officers Problem?: Addendum by Martin Brown
Simon Krahnke wrote: * William Elliot (09:55) schrieb: An improvement in which both rooks are attacked by the queen. R r r r r r r r R B Q B b n Q r R b B b n Q N r R B b B Q K n r R Q Q Q B N K r
October 6th 09 09:23 PM
by Martin Brown Go to last post
0 480
Hypermodernism, leap-frogged by None
On Oct 5, 10:27*pm, help bot wrote: On Oct 5, 3:15*pm, None wrote: 1. d4 Nf6 2. f4 d5 3. Nf3 Bf5 4. e3 e6 5. Bd3 Bd6 {and White disconnects, so 0-1!}- That's one hell of an opening book the Master Level has...I guess you were really relieved when it disco'ed. * I didn't know the GetClub program could disco!
October 6th 09 04:05 PM
by None Go to last post
0 405
That Stolen Email Whitney Leigh Used by MrVidmar
MR. KRONENBERGER: YES, YOUR HONOR. BUT THE REASONING FOR THAT IS THAT MS. POLGAR AND MR. TRUONG ARE SAYING THAT THEY DID NOT HAVE NOTICE THAT THERE WAS ANY SORT OF ADVERSITY BETWEEN MYSELF AND THEM WHEN THERE WAS A COMMITTEE CREATED SPECIFICALLY FOR THE PURPOSE OF CONFIDENTIALITY BECAUSE THEY HAD BEEN SUED. THEREAFTER, I SENT A LETTER TO MR. TRUONG SAYING: "I REPRESENT THE U.S. CHESS...
October 2nd 09 04:37 PM
by None Go to last post
4 504
Post New Thread