Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : alt.chess (Alternative Chess Group) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Why has Chessmaster flipped its lid? by Kilowatt
1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.d4 cxd4 4.Nxd4 e5 5.Nf5 When I ask Chessmaster 9000 for quick advice it says: The Chessmaster recommends: Knight to b8. Analysis: You move your knight to b8. White responds with queen takes pawn, which checks your king.
June 30th 03 09:40 PM
by Kilowatt Go to last post
0 934
Politiken Cup 2003 by Lars Hansen
Politiken Cup 2003 in Copenhagen will take place in the center og Copenhagen from the 14-25 of July 2003 at present we have reach 200 participant amongst which 17 GM 10 IM , 84 not Danes from 18 different Countries. Top ten has an average elo on 2620. There is still room for many more players join the many participants in Copenhagen, read all about the tournement on www.politikencup.dk, during...
June 28th 03 08:55 AM
by Lars Hansen Go to last post
0 988
How to slow young chess players down ?! by Captain Wubba
I have had students move too quickly, some of them habitually. When it becomes a problem, I do the following with them during my lessons. I play them a G/15 or G/20 game (I consider playing students a fairly long game like this important on a regular basis), but use a stopwatch. After I move, I hit their clock, and count out 10 (or 15) seconds "One One Thousand, Two One Thousand..." and tell them...
June 25th 03 07:12 PM
by Andy Go to last post
1 888
Post New Thread