Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : alt.chess (Alternative Chess Group) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Candidate Filing Fees by Polgar and Truong by samsloan
Correct. When I was on the board I had access to the bank statements of the USCF. The back statements included the $250 filing fees paid by the candidates to run for election. Nothing was paid by either Susan Polgar or Paul Truong to run for the board or for anything else for that matter during the entire 2006-2007 fiscal year. Every time I raised this issue the ED would respond that he does...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 9th 13 03:41 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
10 1,617
Bauer is Running Again for the Board !! by samsloan
I am definitely not running this time so you are safe from me. It is ridiculous to try to run for election when the ED rigs the process. Last time the ED ruled I did not have enough signatures even though did. This time he will no doubt say that Bauer had enough signatures, even though he doesn't. Why don't you ask the ED to waive the $250 filing fee requirement? He has done it in the past for...
December 28th 12 03:47 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 874
Backgammon Tactics by Harold Thorne Review by Sam Sloan by Offramp
HERRING AND CABBAGE AND CHEESE SAUCE Take your eggs. APPLES AND MUSHROOMS There is poured over them in that you have, two spoonfuls of almonds rolled in butter, the vegetable on a little tender, pass them out, drain them well, and add the last are indispensable to which will work juice, and when brown sauce ought to cover them the puree of eggs placed on to a pan, adding a saucepan with an...
August 14th 12 03:59 PM
by Offramp Go to last post
0 706
Back Beef a la Raymond Queneau by Offramp
BEEF Bind the first of four eggs and let them in fat pork weighing perhaps three soup-spoonfuls of sherry and salt. Peel the threads. TOMATOES Take two or kidney which will not do and fins, which you have already added.
August 14th 12 03:58 PM
by Offramp Go to last post
0 649
Chess via iPhone by Marius
Hi everyone, Is there a free iPhone app to play chess via mail or sms against another human? There are many app that let you play online but both players have to be online at the same time. Thanks in advance Marius
June 9th 12 09:37 PM
by Marius Go to last post
0 753
Queen's Gambit Declined Orthodox Variation by Eric Schiller by samsloan
The Queen's Gambit Declined has been the workhorse for many if not most of the World Champions. The well prepared player of the Black pieces can feel secure in the knowledge that the slightest mistake by White can yield full equality and even if White knows all the moves his advantage will be microscopic. In addition to the standard lines, this book contains a number of interesting suggestions...
May 17th 12 09:51 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
3 727
From the crest of Olivet... by E Bmums
"From the crest of Olivet, Jesus looked upon Jerusalem. Fair and peaceful was the scene spread out before Him. It was the season of the Passover, and from all lands the children of Jacob had gathered there to celebrate the great national festival. In the midst of gardens and vineyards, and green slopes studded with pilgrimsí tents, rose the terraced hills, the stately palaces, and massive...
April 25th 12 02:04 AM
by E Bmums Go to last post
0 803
From the crest of Olivet... by E Bmums
"From the crest of Olivet, Jesus looked upon Jerusalem. Fair and peaceful was the scene spread out before Him. It was the season of the Passover, and from all lands the children of Jacob had gathered there to celebrate the great national festival. In the midst of gardens and vineyards, and green slopes studded with pilgrimsí tents, rose the terraced hills, the stately palaces, and massive...
April 13th 12 10:45 AM
by E Bmums Go to last post
0 598
The Problem with Money in Chess by samsloan
The reason it costs so much to play in chess tournaments is not because board members are trying to "feather their nests". None of the current board members make any money from chess except for Bill Goichberg and possibly Allen Priest, a scholastic organizer. The rest spend their own money on chess, with no hope of recovery. However, Susan Polgar and Paul Truong absolutely thought they...
April 8th 12 04:20 AM
by Bill Graham Go to last post
2 527
Ethical and Legal Violations by Bill Hall and the USCF Administration by samsloan
I rarely visit the USCF Forums any more and hardly ever post there because everything I post is immediately deleted anyway, but the posting above I cannot ignore. By far the biggest ethical and legal violation was committed by Bill Hall when he allowed tanstaafl above a/k/a Herbert Rodney Vaugn to come to the USCF's offices in Crossville and use the USCF's home computer where everything on this...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 5th 12 05:16 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
12 915
Ye Olde NJ Chess history: or A TD's tale by samsloan
Ye Olde NJ Chess history: or A TD's tale. NOT FOUND ON THE HISTORY CANNEL by Ken "The Wise" Thomas http://entryfeesrus.com/efru03.html In bygone days of yore, in the New Shires of Jersey, the Open chess tie-break winners were glorified as the one and only true Jersey Champion. Tie-break losers, on the other hand, were vanquished in the
April 1st 12 06:05 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 737
Ishi Press has now Reprinted More than 100 Chess Books by The Master
On Jan 21, 10:20*pm, samsloan wrote: As you know by now, I won the Silver Medal in the world Memory championships. How could you possibly remember this? It happened over two weeks ago.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 28th 12 06:52 PM
by None Go to last post
12 1,098
Beginner Question by Robert11
Hi, True beginner. Looking for a free chess site where I can play, at a Beginner level, against a computer. Really don't want to go up against a human at this point. Seem to be many sites, some where you have to Register, and some
February 23rd 12 12:51 AM
by Robert11 Go to last post
0 554
Who killed Jessie Gilbert? by samsloan
Jessie Gilbert was a female chess prodigy who killed herself by jumping off the roof during a scholastic chess tournament. Now people are trying to blame her father who they say abused her five years earlier. Now, only last month a very weak scholastic chess player with a 500 rating killed himself by jumping off the roof of the hotel where the tournament was being held after losing all his...
December 15th 11 05:59 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 1,441
Alexander Set to Change Not Guilty Plea on 12/13 by [email protected]
On Dec 11, 10:58*pm, raylopez99 wrote: On Dec 11, 12:11*am, BLafferty wrote: On Dec 6, 4:18*pm, samsloan wrote: I personally will not be satisfied until Alexander does jail time. There is not the slightest doubt that he is guilty. Sam Sloan
December 13th 11 07:26 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 509
Vegetarian by Bauttar
If you are a vegetarian, vegan, or just an animal lover, you can play chess here http://www.chess.com/groups/view/vegan-brotherhood
December 10th 11 05:23 PM
by Bauttar Go to last post
0 469
"My Great Predecessors" series by Garry Kasparov by annika123
Hello friends this is annika My Great Predecessors This book contains not only the best party of former giants studied again with the help of a computer, but also hot spots of chess history critical crucial moments of matches at the World Championship. Champions in chess replaced for various reasons, and yet the main of them was more purely evolutionary the continuous and rapid development of...
December 8th 11 08:14 AM
by annika123 Go to last post
0 443
First Book of Chess by samsloan
On Dec 3, 9:18*am, Taylor Kingston wrote: On Dec 3, 12:06*am, samsloan wrote: *Introduction by Sam Sloan I will demonstrate graphically for the beginner how to mount their openings (each with diagrams) and show the novice how to like it. ** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Sam Sloan ** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Shenzhen...
December 3rd 11 07:39 PM
by Taylor Kingston[_3_] Go to last post
1 500
127 Photos from the World Championship on Chinese Chess in Jakarta Indonesia by samsloan
I have added 127 photos from the World Championship of Chinese Chess in Jakarta Indonesia to my Facebook and flickr.com pages. I invite my friends to "tag" these pictures if they recognize any of the faces of these people as I know only a few of them and I do not have time to tag all the thousands of faces in these pictures. http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected] Sam Sloan
November 27th 11 11:40 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
2 651
Sandal in Chess Continental of the Americas Meeting by samsloan
A meeting of the Americas Continent, which includes all of the chess playing countries in North, Central and South America is now taking place in Cali, Colombia. Beatriz Marinello, a FIDE Vice-President and former USCF President who is also current chairman of the USCF Scholastic Council and a member of the US Chess Trust, has offered to represent the USCF at this meeting, since she is at the...
November 17th 11 12:58 PM
by DoNotAsk Go to last post
9 1,008
Post New Thread