Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : alt.chess (Alternative Chess Group) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Goichberg and Gadhafi by samsloan
Trying to get Goichberg out of the USCF is like trying to get Gadhafi out of Libya. Neither of them will ever be willing to leave voluntarily and their troops are too strong for them to be forced out. Sam Sloan
May 8th 11 08:49 PM
by BL Go to last post
3 515
Sloan vs. Goichberg Case filed by samsloan
IN THE CIRCUIT COURT FOR THE SEVENTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT SANGAMON COUNTY, ILLINOIS SAM SLOAN, ) ) Plaintiff ) ) - Against - ) 2011MR000159 ) WILIAM GOICHBERG, )
May 8th 11 07:09 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
2 590
Good days for GetClub. [Twice improved] by Sanny[_3_]
GetClub Chess was improved and now it plays twice stronger. Secondly getclub now takes half the time than it used to take earlier. Baby Level: 8-10 sec / move will beat 90% of the players here. Beginner Level: 20-30 sec/ move will beat 99% of the players here. I dont think any one here, can beat the Easy Level: 1-2 min/move.
May 3rd 11 12:39 PM
by Sanny[_3_] Go to last post
0 546
Got DEEP HIARCS by satw7
But i have not tried to install it yet ... I will have to read the instructions on how to do it.. I do not really know how to do stuff like this yet but i assume it can not be too hard if they have instructions after i put in the disk.... will try later tonight ..I have a few things i need to get done first.... This program is about 3,100 elo Looking forward to going to war with
May 1st 11 12:37 PM
by satw7 Go to last post
2 586
Sanny and Mr K , is this the old Webtv board ? by satw7
Just wondering.....I found the old Rush board or at least i think i did ..... Hey i have Deep HIARCS 13.2 on the way to my house . Should get it Thursday or Friday .. Then i have to read how to install it on my computer ....I think when you buy that program they give you a YEAR subscription to Play Chess.Com too ? , i need to go read that stuff again to see if i am right or wrong.... Well...
April 26th 11 09:18 PM
by satw7 Go to last post
2 617
Sanny and Mr K , am on the right board ? by satw7
This page looks so different and is harder for me to find than my webtv BUT i like this computer so much better..Have more to say later...I have a STEEP learning curve ... Hey i was on YOUTUBE and there is a 6 part documentary on Bobby Fischer from his childhood to death and they are about 5 to 6 min long , VERY interesting too ..If you have time watch them.. got to rest more since i work...
April 17th 11 09:52 PM
by satw7 Go to last post
0 500
Response to Allegations of Corruption in FIDE by samsloan
Nigel Freeman of Bermuda, who is the Treasurer of FIDE, points out that FIDE is one of the most open organizations in the world. For example, every year for the past twenty or so years, FIDE has appointed one American to the FIDE Verification Commission which overlooks FIDE Finances. Right now it is Ruth Haring, before her it was Beatriz Marinello and before her it was Don Schultz. Similarly...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
23 1,508
The ABC of Chess by V. Grishin and E. Ilyin by samsloan
The ABC of Chess by V. Grishin and E. Ilyin, translated by Vivienne Burdon http://www.amazon.com/dp/487187852X http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/product.aspx?ISBN=487187852X This book was first published in the mighty Soviet Union in 1972. It is NOT a basic book to learn how to play chess or how to improve your game. It is a story book with the chess pieces as a background. It is
March 30th 11 12:40 AM
by captain! Go to last post
5 810
Where can I play Chinese Chess in Hong Kong? by samsloan
I am in Hong Kong now. I will be here a few days longer. I would like to find the Chinese Chess club. Does anybody know where it is? I am staying at the China Emperor Hotel, Chung King Mansion, Block D-8, 9/F, Room 6 Telephone No. 23673832
February 16th 11 09:46 PM
by brad Go to last post
6 932
Grob's Angriff and The Tactical Grob are both out today by samsloan
Grob's Angriff and The Tactical Grob are both out You should be able to find them listed by ISBN Number within a few days if not already at bn.com and amazon.com Here are the numbers. 4-87187-866-X The Tactical Grob 4-87187-867-8 Grob's Angriff
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 7th 11 02:36 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
23 2,166
kirk and lynn YELL!=== MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!! by Kirk Gregory Czuhai[_2_]
kirk and lynn YELL!=== MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!! you are here http://tinyurl.com/hsMerryChristmas Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily. But...
December 20th 10 08:28 AM
by Kirk Gregory Czuhai[_2_] Go to last post
0 616
Grob's Angriff is being reprinted by samsloan
Grob's Angriff This book is the seminal work on the chess opening now known as Grob's Attack. This chess opening starts with 1. g2-g4 or, in Descriptive Notation, 1. P-KN4. Although the book is in German, it is written in chess notation and thus it is not necessary to know German to read this book.
December 17th 10 06:01 PM
by raylopez99 Go to last post
3 605
Little Golden America by Ilya Ilf and Eugene Petrov by samsloan
Little Golden America two famous Soviet humourists survey the United States by Ilya Ilf and Eugene Petrov. Odnoetazhnya Amerika (One-storied America) First published in the U.S.S.R. 1936. Little Golden America. First published in England in 1944. Translated from the Russian by Charles Malamuth This is one of the most popular books ever published in the Soviet Union. It remains popular in Russia...
December 15th 10 01:44 PM
by Taylor Kingston[_2_] Go to last post
2 629
Which player won most games? by nightlife18
I have no doubt that what I am saying will not be news to most people, but I thought that the following might be of interest. If you take a total number of games by a known player, and divide it by their wins only, you will come out with a number, probably not a whole number. The higher that number is, the fewer number of wins they have had as a total percentage of overall games played. The...
December 14th 10 02:49 PM
by nightlife18 Go to last post
2 501
Greatest Chess Game Ever Played in the History of the World by Jon D'Souza-Eva
Perhaps 15. Qe3+ would have caused you a few problems. On Nov 30, 2:13*am, samsloan wrote: That game might have transposed back into this one had I played 10. ... Qxg2 instead. So, I played it this time. I cannot find a refutation to the way that I played. Sam Sloan
December 6th 10 06:45 PM
by 3DChess Go to last post
3 597
What is the real name of Mark Houlsby ? by Bobcat
* I yam what I yam an' thass all what I yam. Sounds like you are ready for Thanksgiving!!!!
November 23rd 10 10:28 AM
by Bobcat Go to last post
0 540
Douglas Forsythe Update by BLafferty[_3_]
The details are a bit thin, but this is what I've learned. Forsythe, when faced with Federal charges relating to threats made to kill and maim children at scholastic tournament kids in Massachusetts, wound up in an emergency room where he attempted to set himself on fire. He then spent some time in a mental institution (probably under observation/evaluation followed by 23 dayes in jail in...
November 13th 10 05:13 PM
by raylopez99 Go to last post
1 530
Sam Sloan Campaigning for Karpov at the World Chess Olympiad by Taylor Kingston[_2_]
On Oct 11, 1:13*pm, Mark Houlsby wrote: On 11 Oct, 16:48, samsloan wrote: Sam Sloan campaigned hard for Karpov at the World Chess Olympiad and FIDE Congress in Khanty-Mansiysk, Siberia, Russia but unfortunately he just could enough votes. "He just could enough votes"? Anyone have the Sloan decoder ring handy?
October 12th 10 09:10 PM
by None Go to last post
4 635
Rossolimo - Fischer 1967 by Rev.Dr. LoBotomy
After white's move 48 the position was: http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3294/rossolimofischer.jpg Why in heaven's name wouldn't Fischer play Rxd8? Instead he played 48... Qb8. Here's the game:
October 10th 10 01:39 AM
by Rev.Dr. LoBotomy Go to last post
2 595
Olympiad Hotel in Khanty-Mansiysk is Closing Right Now by samsloan
"Potemkin village" has come to mean, especially during Soviet times, any hollow or false construct, meant to create the illusion that the common people were living well. Potemkin villages were constructed along the sides of railroad lines, so that passing travelers could not see the true living conditions of the people. The Olympiad Hotel in Khanty-Mansiysk is not a Potemkin village. It is or...
October 7th 10 12:17 AM
by micky Go to last post
2 634
Post New Thread