Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : alt.chess (Alternative Chess Group) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Truong Not Answering His Cell when The NY Times Calls by samsloan
On Mar 30, 6:08 am, Brian Lafferty wrote: http://gambit.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/03/29/drive-to-recall-member-of-chess-federations-board-is-under-way/#more-187 Very interesting. We made the New York Times again!! When running for USCF Election, Paul Truong and Susan Polgar made a campaign promise to bring more publicity to the USCF. This is one promise that they have...
March 30th 08 02:44 PM
by Rob Go to last post
1 416
TRICK OPENING MOVE EBOOK by Jeff[_2_]
TRICK OPENING MOVE EBOOK Helps u beat any moderate player in 10 moves of less. Free. http://aofra.com Jeff
March 29th 08 10:53 PM
by Jeff[_2_] Go to last post
0 369
Now you can subscibe Monthly/ yearly at GetClub Chess. by Sanny
Play as many games as you want at GetClub Just purchase a Monthly/ Yearly package Just like at Other Sites. Get 1 month Chess Subscription (~ 40 Games) $5.00 Get 2 months Chess Subscription (~ 100 Games) $10.00 Get 4 months Chess Subscription (~ 225 Games) $20.00 Get 1 year Chess Subscription (~ 600 Games) $50.00 Play Chess at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 28th 08 03:53 PM
by Chess Nuggets Go to last post
23 973
Beware of Rob ("The Robber") Mitchell by samsloan
I am posting this here just to warn the occasional passers-by to ignore the postings by Rob ("The Robber") Mitchell. Rob (The Robber") Mitchell is not a chess player. He has never played a rated game. He is not a member of the USCF. He really has no connection with chess. He joined the USCF for just one year in 2004. That was just so that he could apply for a job with the USCF. He applied first...
March 28th 08 12:38 PM
by Brian Lafferty Go to last post
6 414
Help Bot now at First Position -- GetClub Chess by Sanny
After a lot of struggle Help Bot managed to beat Zebediah's score and has come to TOP POSITION at GetClub CHESS. Zebediah whose score was unbeatable for an year, Now Help Bot has managed to get ahead of him. So again "Help Bot" has become Biggest ****** STAR ***** at GetClub Chess. Games Played at: http://www.getclub.com/Chess.html
March 27th 08 09:24 PM
by Maple Tree Go to last post
3 551
My Big Win At Foxwoods by samsloan
I won $2 (two dollars) at Foxwoods. If you ever go there, be sure to take the Chinese Bus. Do not go by Greyhound. The Chinese Bus costs $10 for a round trip ticket plus they gave me $55 in coupons. The $15 coupon is to pay for food. The $40 in coupons are what we call "two- for-ones". Basically you bet $10 cash plus one $10 coupon on a even- money bet like roulette, red and black. If you win,...
March 25th 08 07:06 AM
by Deadmoney Walking Go to last post
1 1,103
How to create arrows (and more) in Fritz by Leszek Kwapinski
Hi! I just bought the latest version of the Fritz programe and I would like to know how to draw arrows and color particular squares in the programe. Could anyone help me with this? Thanks alot in advance! :-) Sincerely yours
March 24th 08 04:14 PM
by Leszek Kwapinski Go to last post
0 525
More Mishandling of Life Membership Assets by samsloan
More Mishandling of Life Membership Assets Grant Perks puts his finger on the problem but misses the solution. The problem is not the board and not the failure to pass a balanced budget. We always pass a balanced budget. If the Executive Director presents an unbalanced budget including a lot of money for his friends, we simply write in a bunch of nice looking numbers and presto- chango the...
March 23rd 08 02:02 PM
by Chess One[_2_] Go to last post
2 448
Great Accomplishment by Erik Anderson in Idaho Schools Chess by samsloan
I initially missed the article that appeared in the New York Times two days ago, but this is a truly great development: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/20/us/20chess.html What needs to be noted (and what nobody else has commented on thus far) is that this program comes from Erik Anderson and his American Foundation for Chess. It also should be recalled that a certain person was attacking Mr.
March 23rd 08 05:41 AM
by Rob Go to last post
3 491
Citibank Cheats Grandmaster Benko out of $70,000 by help bot
On Mar 21, 7:00 pm, (Sam Sloan) wrote: Citibank Cheats Grandmaster Benko out of $70,000 Bear Stearns just recently "went under", as they say, so PB might want to act fast, before Citibank too, bites the dust. I noticed that Mr. Sloan -- as is his longstanding habit -- targeted somebody with money (Citi), as
March 22nd 08 08:08 AM
by help bot Go to last post
0 500
Where is the Quarterly Financial Report? by samsloan
I think you recognize and agree that during my one year on the board I consistently advocated a big cut in expenses. In particular, I advocated very specific cuts that would have reduced expenses by $80,000 without any reduction in services to the membership. Unfortunately, at that time the board was deadlocked. I could only get two-and a half to three votes to cut expenses. With a...
March 21st 08 06:34 AM
by Rob Go to last post
2 464
Watson on "The Outline of Contract Bridge" by samsloan
Louis Henry Watson was a rapidly rising star in the World of Bridge. At the age of only 29, he had won virtually every major title that existed, playing with partners that included Oswald Jacoby, Howard Schenken and Sam Fry. Watson was ranked the number four bridge player in the world. On Valentine's Day, February 14, 1936, in what seemed to be perfect health, after a luncheon, Watson became ill...
March 21st 08 06:33 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 554
Should I publish a book about Bridge? by samsloan
On Mar 20, 7:09 pm, Tim wrote: On Mar 20, 7:35 pm, samsloan wrote: On Mar 20, 6:10 pm, wrote: On Feb 28, 6:58 am, Hank Youngerman wrote: Regarding republishing of books, I don't know what the market is in
March 21st 08 05:49 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
2 662
False identities by samsloan
On Mar 13, 3:16 pm, Larry Tapper wrote: On Mar 13, 1:50 am, "David Kane" wrote: wrote in message ... Quick! What was No. 46 on the 1978 annual rating
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 21st 08 02:51 AM
by help bot Go to last post
11 868
FICS by ST[_2_]
Hello, Is anyone else having trouble logging on FICS? ST
March 19th 08 07:40 PM
by ST[_2_] Go to last post
0 429
Intelligence March ahead. by Sanny
After creating "GetClub Chess" I think I should design something more interesting. Can the Chess Players give me some thing they would like to play at GetClub. View the new GetClub Site: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html What is your dream game which you would like to play.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 19th 08 09:43 AM
by help bot Go to last post
17 867
Did Louis H. Watson write one, two or three books on bridge?? by samsloan
I have two books in front of me: "The Outline of Contract Bridge" by Louis H. Watson author of Watson on the Play of the Hand published in 1934 and "Watson's Classic Book on the Play of the Hand at Bridge" new edition enlarged and modernized by Sam Fry, Jr.published in 1959
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 19th 08 03:07 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
11 902
Know about GRAND CHESS by Sanny
I was talking about new Games and Help Bot suggested me that why not have a board 100x100 size. That is too Big. We see people have mastered Chess so deep that they have just memorized first 10 Moves. But the beauty of Chess lies in its complexities. Here is a new GRAND CHESS I propose.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 18th 08 03:48 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
13 860
Nunn vs. Evans (Sam's dreaful memory) (was: False identities) by samsloan
On Mar 14, 12:18 pm, SBD wrote: On Mar 14, 10:06 am, wrote: "Seeming to reply to Evans in his foreword to 'Paul Keres: The Quest for Perfection' (ICE, 1997), Nunn says 'Attempts to analyze the games themselves for evidence of Keres' suicidal efforts ... appear to be misguided' and notes that Vishy Anand, in his 1995 title match with ...
March 17th 08 12:25 AM
by Louis Blair Go to last post
1 541
Bill Brock calls for the Resignations of Goichberg and Truong by samsloan
I agree that Goichberg should resign but I am sure that he will not do so. However, my reasons for believing that Goichberg should resign are entirely different than those suggested by Bill Brock. In the first place, this entire situation was created by Goichberg. After the votes were counted and I was declared to have been elected to the board on July 20, 2006, Goichberg started a series of...
March 16th 08 01:50 PM
by Rob Go to last post
5 546
Post New Thread