Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : alt.chess (Alternative Chess Group) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Complex Game for analysis. [Still waiting] by sd
On Aug 10, 4:18*am, Sanny wrote: Can anyone here analyze the game and tell what was the biggest mistake by GetClub in this game? Only a few players really can analyze this complex game. Bull****, it is a simple loss and I am rated higher than half the players on your list. But a 1200 could see how weak it played. SBD
August 14th 10 07:34 AM
by RayLopez99 Go to last post
4 463
Strange Results in the USCF Election by samsloan
The results of the USCF Election have been announced by Executive Director Bill Hall. There were 2035 ballots cast. Everybody was allowed to vote for two out of the three candidates. The results were as follows: Mike Nietman 1517 Gary Walters 1472 Sam Sloan 693
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 30th 10 07:31 PM
by None Go to last post
38 1,813
Kosteniuk Being Attacked on Polgar Blog by The Master
On Jul 25, 9:29*am, Taylor Kingston wrote: * Anonymous said... This is also the same Kosteniuk who claims to be a GM at age 14 (a total lie) * It is not a lie. She attained the Woman Grandmaster title at that age.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 29th 10 09:35 PM
by Mark Houlsby[_5_] Go to last post
11 959
The strange world of Kirsan by B. Lafferty[_2_]
http://gambit.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/07/11/curious-interview-with-the-head-of-the-chess-federation/
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 13th 10 08:44 PM
by raylopez99 Go to last post
15 1,084
Karpov Unleashes Dogs of War by B. Lafferty[_2_]
My understanding is that an action has been filed before the Court of Arbitration for Sport located in Lausanne, Switzerland. From what little I've heard, the action seeks to declare invalid the nominations of Kirsan and Beatriz; some form of injunctive relief aimed at preventing a putsch by Kirsan and his motley crew. It is not clear how much hard information from the arbitration filing...
July 12th 10 05:19 PM
by B. Lafferty[_2_] Go to last post
7 620
Tell your views about GetClub Chess. by cfajohnson
On Jul 5, 1:25*pm, Sanny wrote: Let me know what are your opinion about GetClub Chess? 1. Visit:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html Do you find the Layout of the webpage good enough? It is one of the worst web sites I have ever looked at. What should be changed or added to have a better look of the above
July 7th 10 10:10 PM
by raylopez99 Go to last post
2 528
Polgar Discussed In Alexander Filing by US Attorney by B. Lafferty[_2_]
This was filed with Judge Patel today. UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Plaintiff v. GREGORY ALEXANDER, Defendant. ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) Case No. CR-09-00719-MHP GOVERNMENT’S RESPONSE AND OPPOSITION TO DEFENDANT'S MOTIONS FOR: (1) BILL OF PARTICULARS; (2) TO COMPEL DISCOVERY; and
July 7th 10 03:02 PM
by Mark Houlsby[_3_] Go to last post
6 843
Tell your views about GetClub Chess. by None
On Jul 6, 7:10*am, Mark Houlsby wrote: Getclub is a piece of poo. Don't be silly, Alan, it's nowhere near as useful as that. Poo can be used as fertiliser, for example.... Is fertiliser Olde English for fertilizers?
July 7th 10 12:49 AM
by raylopez99 Go to last post
4 584
Tell your views about GetClub Chess. by Taylor Kingston[_2_]
On Jul 5, 1:25*pm, Sanny wrote: Let me know what are your opinion about GetClub Chess? A random list of a few things I enjoy more than GetClub: Insomnia Flossing Mislaying my car keys Shoveling snow
July 6th 10 03:46 PM
by Taylor Kingston[_2_] Go to last post
0 553
Alekhine's Best Games of Chess 1938-1945 by samsloan
Alekhine's Best Games of Chess 1938-1945 Edited by C. H. O'D. Alexander Foreword by Sam Sloan This book completes the trilogy starting with “My Best Games of Chess 1908-1923” by Alexander Alekhine ISBN 0923891498 and followed by “My Best Games of Chess 1924-1937” by Alexander Alekhine ISBN 4871878260. This is a reprint with all of the games converted into Algebraic
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 5th 10 08:33 PM
by raylopez99 Go to last post
108 4,830
Covers on Chess Life Worse than Ever!! by The Historian[_2_]
On Jun 9, 6:41*am, samsloan wrote: If you are among those still receiving Chess Life in the mail, your ballot came wrapped around the magazine. Open the ballot and look at the cover. Good thing they hid it. What is this? Another terrible cover. Out of focus, mis-colored. Cannot even tell if this is a drawing or a photograph. Almost every cover this year has...
June 11th 10 04:23 PM
by The Historian[_2_] Go to last post
0 527
Motions to Make it More Difficult to Run for USCF Election by Kent Wills
At one time, not so long ago, samsloan wrote: I strongly oppose these changes. The filing fee was increased to $250 to keep me out. It was figured that I could not afford $250, so this was passed as an anti-Sam Sloan measure. While I can't state your belief is impossible, I find it difficult to accept that the USCF would raise the fee solely to prevent you from...
May 27th 10 03:14 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
6 638
No Bidding for National Scholastics by samsloan
On May 13, 8:21*pm, wrote: Last weekend I attended the National Elementary in Atlanta. While there I was told that there is a delegate resolution to prevent the USCF office from bidding out any of the National Scholastic Championships. Frankly, I didn't know they had been bidding them out since about 2000. Does anyone know who put forth this resolution? Does...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 17th 10 06:41 PM
by None Go to last post
15 1,108
Jose Calderon by samsloan
Jose Calderon was a chess personality at the Manhattan Chess Club in the 1950s. He was famous for something else but I do not know what. There are several famous people named Jose Calderon. One was a musician. Another is a basketball player. I doubt he was the basketball player. He might have been the musician.
May 14th 10 12:52 PM
by David Ames[_2_] Go to last post
9 822
Bill Hook RIP by MrVidmar
From the USCF Web Site Bill Hook, author of "Hooked on Chess", captain of the Washington Plumbers championship team of the National Chess League, individual gold medal winner on first board at the 1980 Chess Olympiad (playing for the British Virgin Island team), participant in a record 18 consecutive World Chess Olympiads, local chess master in the Washington, DC area, and before that, the...
May 12th 10 02:19 PM
by jkh001 Go to last post
2 554
Humans Interbred with Neanderthals, Study Suggests (Live Science,4-29-10) by samsloan
I watched a show on Discovery Channel about salmon. The salmon live in the ocean and then they swim up river to their spawning grounds. There they spawn and produce millions of eggs and then they are eaten by bears. The bears do not eat the entire salmon. They discard the rest in the forest. Trees grow there. According to the show on Discovery Channel, the leaves and branches on top of the trees...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 9th 10 09:03 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
27 1,368
Kirsan's Space Oddity by MrVidmar
http://www.aolnews.com/weird-news/article/russian-gov-kirsan-ilyumzhinov-claims-space-alien-abduction/19469014?icid=main|htmlws-sb-n|dl1|link5|http://www.aolnews.com/weird-news/article/russian-gov-kirsan-ilyumzhinov-claims-space-alien-abduction/19469014
May 8th 10 05:53 PM
by MrVidmar Go to last post
0 613
Trophy Chess by Larry Evans by samsloan
Trophy Chess AN ACCOUNT OF THE LESSING ROSENWALD TOURNAMENT NEW YORK 1954-5, GAMES ANNOTATED by Larry Evans A CHESS TOURNAMENT is a contest of wills wherein the conflict of personality is generally as interesting as the chess drama which unfolds over-the-board. This Rosenwald Tournament is doubly interesting because the veteran
May 8th 10 03:44 PM
by David Ames Go to last post
7 595
Chess Masters Score a Double in the News by samsloan
It is rare that a story involving a chess player makes national or even world news, but today to of the top news stories involve chess personalities. First our beloved FIDE President provides insights into space exploration: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/05/06/russian-governor-abducted-aliens/ While at the same time a well known chess teacher gives a TV interview
May 7th 10 09:36 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 485
Kirsan visited by Aliens... by samsloan
Yes, indeed, in seems that Kirsan Ilyumzhinov, as head of state, is seriously remiss in failing to follow proper protocol as set forth in the official guidelines for what government officials should do if contacted by aliens, especially if those officials have access to state secrets. However, we in America can feel confident that our fearless leader will conduct himself in the proper and...
May 7th 10 09:23 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
4 540
Post New Thread