Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : alt.chess (Alternative Chess Group) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Copyright Law and the Kinsey Report on the Human Female by micky
sd wrote: On May 3, 5:16 am, MrVidmar wrote: I don't think he's stupid. I think he's judgment proof and doesn't care if he's sued. I know, it's the Damiano Defense mentality. "No matter if I am objectively lost in this line, I will still win the game."
May 4th 10 03:10 PM
by micky Go to last post
0 383
Florencio Campomanes died last night by samsloan
FIDE USA Zone President Beatriz Marinello has just informed me that long time chess organizer and FIDE President Florencio Campomanes died last night. Campomanes was born in 1927 and came to prominence by organizing the first million dollar chess match. Sam Sloan
May 3rd 10 06:02 PM
by None Go to last post
1 486
Chessbase Intensive Course Tactics 1&2 by E. Dawg
Chessbase offers to different software packages by George Renko, entitled "Intensive Course Tactics 1" and "Intensive Course Tactics 2." It's unclear to me if the second is a sequel to the first, or if it is a revised edition of the first, including everything from the first, pluss additional new material. Does anybody out there know? Does it make sens to buy both of them? Should you go...
April 29th 10 04:14 PM
by E. Dawg Go to last post
0 1,072
Behind Closed Doors by MrVidmar
The USCF board decision to endorse Karpov was held in multiple telephone conference closed door sessions. In a transparent, open governance organization about the only matters appropriate for closed meetings are to discuss litigation matters and personnel matters. Why was the discussion of this important matter held by the Board in closed session? IMO, a closed session on this issue is...
April 18th 10 07:52 PM
by MrVidmar Go to last post
8 792
Caption competition: Holy Cow: Another Poor Cover on Chess Life by Offramp
On 6 Apr, 11:10, samsloan wrote: When Dan Lucas took over as editor of Chess Life he made a great improvement in the covers and the photography. However, the last several covers of Chess Life have been really bad. I cannot remember the last time we had a good cover. By far the worst is the cover of the current April 2010 Chess Life. It has a picture of a cow....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 14th 10 08:43 PM
by None Go to last post
17 886
Holy Cow: Another Poor Cover on Chess Life by Offramp
The results of the caption competition will be announces 24 hours from the time of this post. So you had better hurry up. The current leader is Offramp with his delightful, "It's your mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove!" At the moment, second...
April 10th 10 11:08 PM
by The Historian[_2_] Go to last post
3 517
Knight advancements is good or Bad? by micky
Offramp wrote: Here is my favourite game on the subject of Knight advancements is good or bad.
April 9th 10 01:57 PM
by Taylor Kingston[_2_] Go to last post
6 543
=== HOLY GHOST === by Kirk Gregory Czuhai[_2_]
=== HOLY GHOST === http://tinyurl.com/HeavenSenseHolyGhost (c)2010 Kirk Gregory Czuhai All Rights Reserved dear friend, as it has been a while since i have written to you i hope since then you have been doing well.
April 9th 10 04:26 AM
by Kirk Gregory Czuhai[_2_] Go to last post
0 538
Holy Cow: Another Poor Cover on Chess Life by David Ames
On Apr 6, 6:14*am, Offramp wrote: On 6 Apr, 11:10, samsloan wrote: When Dan Lucas took over as editor of Chess Life he made a great improvement in the covers and the photography. However, the last several covers of Chess Life have been really bad. I cannot remember the last time we had a good cover. By far the worst is the...
April 7th 10 03:26 PM
by David Ames Go to last post
0 465
Holy Cow: Another Poor Cover on Chess Life by None
On Apr 6, 6:10*am, samsloan wrote: When Dan Lucas took over as editor of Chess Life he made a great improvement in the covers and the photography. However, the last several covers of Chess Life have been really bad. I cannot remember the last time we had a good cover. By far the worst is the cover of the current April 2010 Chess Life. It has a picture of a...
April 6th 10 07:06 PM
by None Go to last post
0 515
Knight advancements is good or Bad? by Taylor Kingston[_2_]
On Apr 5, 11:31*pm, Patrick Volk wrote: On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 05:37:59 -0700 (PDT), Taylor Kingston wrote: On Apr 4, 1:59*am, Patrick Volk wrote: You should not play the knights out front, unless you should. *I had heard that tautology was becoming fashionable again.
April 6th 10 07:04 PM
by Taylor Kingston[_2_] Go to last post
0 365
Knight advancements is good or Bad? by None
On Apr 5, 11:31*pm, Patrick Volk wrote: On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 05:37:59 -0700 (PDT), Taylor Kingston wrote: On Apr 4, 1:59*am, Patrick Volk wrote: You should not play the knights out front, unless you should. *I had heard that tautology was becoming fashionable again.
April 6th 10 07:00 PM
by None Go to last post
0 429
Chess Patron Arrested by samsloan
The money used to finance the 1992 Fischer-Spassky Match had been reaped by Jezdimir Vasiljevic, better known at home as Boss Jezda, in a Ponzi-type scheme derived as the result of UN Sanctions against Yugoslavia. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/29/world/europe/29serb.html The $3.5 million in Gold Bars held by a Bank in Iceland for the Fischer Estate are part of the profits from that scheme.
April 6th 10 01:50 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 398
Fischer's Remains to be Exhumed by samsloan
On Apr 1, 9:16*am, Taylor Kingston wrote: http://chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=6227 I am sure that this is an April Fool's Joke. ChessBase does this every year. Remember last year: They announced that as there is no longer to be any drug testing in chess, here are a variety of drugs developed to
April 5th 10 01:53 PM
by Taylor Kingston[_2_] Go to last post
6 611
Native American DNA by samsloan
Native American DNA Native Americans are generally classified as being members of one unified group. However, I spent a year in Central America especially in Guatemala and Salvador and there are huge differences between them. The typical Central American Indian is short, no more than 5 feet 2 inches to five feet 4 inches and many of them are under five feet. The typical Native American we have...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 26th 10 02:06 PM
by Jack Linthicum Go to last post
15 1,010
GM Evans interviews Larry Parr by samsloan
On Mar 17, 11:53*am, " wrote: BLAST FROM THE PAST On March 6, 2010 Yasser Seirawan reproduced this item from his magazine INSIDE CHESS (1988/6) at chesscafe.com. Readers may ponder whether this interview still has relevance today. Inside Interview by GM Larry Evans. On January 15, 1988 Editor Larry Parr of the in-house mouthpiece for the...
March 18th 10 06:40 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 560
Hillery objects to Sloan Reprint of Elo Ratings Book by samsloan
When Arpad Elo, who died without heirs, is looking down from the sky or up from HELL as the case may be, to you think he is happy that I reprinted his book "The Rating of Chess Players, Past and Present" 0-923891-27-7, thereby making his book that was almost impossible to obtain as a used book, readily available to the public, or is he happy? Note: The Moderators on the USCF Issues Forum have...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 13th 10 08:15 PM
by David Ames Go to last post
11 892
We are not generating enough income “to keep this thing afloat” by samsloan
"Joe Nanna said that we are not generating enough income “to keep this thing afloat” and that he has been harping on that for a long time. "The revenue stream is dropping faster than the expenses. Membership continues to drop. "There is not enough income to service the current debts…the legal fees…they can only chip at them." The above are all quotes from the latest board meeting, as provided...
March 3rd 10 07:35 PM
by Bobcat Go to last post
6 609
Sam's Statement by samsloan
The USCF has lost money every year since 1995 except for the one year that I was on the board. The USCF has lost membership every year since 1999 except for the one year that I was on the board. The one year that I was on the board was the only year that the USCF reported a surplus in real money and also the only year that membership went up. Why? Because I keep riding herd on wasteful and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 23rd 10 01:46 AM
by Bobcat Go to last post
13 1,130