Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : alt.chess (Alternative Chess Group) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sam's Statement by samsloan
The USCF has lost money every year since 1995 except for the one year that I was on the board. The USCF has lost membership every year since 1999 except for the one year that I was on the board. The one year that I was on the board was the only year that the USCF reported a surplus in real money and also the only year that membership went up. Why? Because I keep riding herd on wasteful and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 23rd 10 01:46 AM
by Bobcat Go to last post
13 1,238
On to the Fifth Circuit by samsloan
On to the Fifth Circuit
February 12th 10 07:03 PM
by Bobcat Go to last post
4 616
Editor of Bobby Fischer Documentary Killed by Getaway Car by samsloan
Karen Schmeer dies at 39; film editor of Bobby Fischer documentary February 2, 2010 Karen Schmeer, an award-winning film editor who worked on many documentaries, was struck and killed by a getaway car speeding from a New York City drugstore robbery on Friday, police and her mother said. She was 39. Schmeer was crossing Broadway at West 90th Street on the Upper West Side of Manhattan when she...
February 12th 10 06:39 PM
by zdrakec Go to last post
1 582
Sam--Some Questions If I may by MrVidmar
In an attempt to clear the air after some posts by Bill Brock, I have a couple of questions for Sam that will hopefully resolve a bit of this if not all of it. Sam, could you please tell us or provide us with the lower court decision on which this appellate decision is based and tell us what it was that was alleged against you regarding committing "family offenses, emotionally and sexually...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 12th 10 03:41 AM
by Bobcat Go to last post
27 1,424
Film editor working on Bobby Fischer film killed by samsloan
A Terrible tragedy and a great setback for us all. Karen Schmeer was in fact the editor of the Documentary being made about Bobby Fischer. I just called the company making the documentary and they confirmed that. They have hired a new editor and the project is still going forward although it will be delayed because of this tragedy. Sam Sloan
February 12th 10 01:24 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 526
Response to Polgar's Rule 41 Motion by Chris Falter
On Feb 8, 8:00*pm, samsloan wrote: In text format, this pleading is confusing because it is difficult to tell the difference between the postings by the Fake Sam Sloan and the real postings by me. So, here is the real pleading in PDF Format. http://www.anusha.com/polgar-rule41a-motion.pdf Sam Sloan
February 10th 10 07:21 PM
by Bobcat Go to last post
3 584
Now, no player here can beat GetClub Chess by MeaningWhat[_2_]
micky schrieb: Taylor Kingston wrote: . I doubt Greg is actually trying to use "The Master" as a disguise; if so, he's done a very poor job of it. Like, say, William Shatner putting a bunch of bananas on his head and claiming to be Carmen Miranda. Jeppie said, “Wittgenstein was a melancholic, but he was a big fan of Carmen Miranda.”
February 10th 10 07:01 PM
by MeaningWhat[_2_] Go to last post
0 527
Who is Polgar's Follower balloona? by The Historian[_2_]
On Feb 8, 10:23*pm, "Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (wlod)" wrote: On Feb 8, 10:42*am, The Historian wrote: So he was a "useful idiot?" I am not so sure about the "useful" part.
February 10th 10 03:46 PM
by The Historian[_2_] Go to last post
0 515
Who is Polgar's Follower balloona? by ChessFire
On Feb 8, 10:23*pm, "Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (wlod)" wrote: On Feb 8, 10:42*am, The Historian wrote: So he was a "useful idiot?" I am not so sure about the "useful" part.
February 10th 10 04:11 AM
by None Go to last post
1 545
Now, no player here can beat GetClub Chess by Mike Murray
On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 11:17:32 +1100, micky wrote: “And,” Jeppie went on, “he also said, ‘What we cannot speak of, we must pass over in silence,’ ” I always disliked this rather unpoetic translation.
February 9th 10 07:05 PM
by Mike Murray Go to last post
0 507
GetClub, plays as good as Fritz 5.32 now. by Offramp
On 18 Jan, 08:57, Sanny wrote: I suppose now GetClub is among worlds top 100 Chess engines. I'm surprised no one else picked up on this hilarious phrase. It's a bit like someone telling you that his brand of peanut butter is in the world's top 100. And you think, "Well, there's Sun-Pat, and there's, um, Reese's. And er... Jif, and Skippy...."
February 6th 10 05:58 PM
by sd Go to last post
3 526
Is Susan Polgar National Invitational for Girls 2010 Still On? by ChessFire
On Feb 2, 7:35*am, MrVidmar wrote: MrVidmar wrote: ChessFire wrote: On Jan 31, 2:38 pm, sd wrote: On Jan 31, 1:33 pm, MrVidmar wrote: You're a reporter. *You should be able to dig for that information.. As a reporter, he is even weaker than he is as a chess player. I wouldn't count on anything...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 5th 10 05:19 PM
by stan Go to last post
10 746
Honest or Not Mr. L? by MrVidmar
ChessFire wrote: Not to gloss over this issue as Stan Booz = None has done for // interesting// reasons - what part did Brian Lafferty play in all this? He simply won't answer a straight question. You must think I'm really stuuuuupid like you, Philsy. Think again, ****head.
February 4th 10 04:29 PM
by ChessFire Go to last post
1 581
Is Susan Polgar National Invitational for Girls 2010 Still On? by Taylor Kingston[_2_]
On Jan 31, 2:06*pm, ChessFire wrote: On Jan 31, 12:52*pm, MrVidmar wrote: I was just on the SP Daily News site and noticed that the advert that was there about a month ago for the Susan Polgar National Invitational for Girls 2010 in August at TTU appears to have been taken down (unless I just didn't spot it). This is the event where...
February 2nd 10 09:09 PM
by MrVidmar Go to last post
1 515
Is Susan Polgar National Invitational for Girls 2010 Still On? by The Historian[_2_]
On Feb 2, 7:35*am, MrVidmar wrote: MrVidmar wrote: ChessFire wrote: On Jan 31, 2:38 pm, sd wrote: On Jan 31, 1:33 pm, MrVidmar wrote: You're a reporter. *You should be able to dig for that information.. As a reporter, he is even weaker than he is as a chess player. I wouldn't count on anything...
February 2nd 10 02:38 PM
by The Historian[_2_] Go to last post
0 559
Computer analysis of a chess game by Polon
Hello, Do you know any computer program which would analyse my game, move by move and assign computer's opinion about the position on the board after every move? I would like to know where in my game I made mistakes, even small ones. Thank you
February 2nd 10 02:31 PM
by Mike Murray Go to last post
1 478
I won chess game again by MeaningWhat[_2_]
Sanny schrieb: GetClub - Baby Level was beaten by me. I used an opening book in which earlier Fritz 5.32 beat GetClub. So I was one pawn up in just 10 moves. as Baby level could not recapture the exchange. Sanny, this is great news. this means that you are a 2865+ player. Congrats! do you have plans on winning some other tournaments?
February 2nd 10 01:39 PM
by MeaningWhat[_2_] Go to last post
0 397
Robert Snyder Pleads Guilty to Failing to Register by samsloan
Ex-chess master pleads guilty http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20100130/NEWS01/1300341/1002/CUSTOMERSERVICE02 About two months after his capture in the Central American country of Belize, former fugitive, convicted sex offender and chess master Robert Snyder faces the possibility of spending the rest of his life in prison after entering a guilty plea Friday. The 55-year-old Snyder, who was...
January 31st 10 01:40 PM
by Teddybear[_2_] Go to last post
1 573
Laugherty is, or is not to be by MrVidmar
ChessFire wrote: On Jan 27, 6:24 pm, MrVidmar wrote: ChessFire wrote: On Jan 27, 3:08 am, "Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (Wlod)" wrote: On Jan 26, 12:59 pm, " wrote: WHY DID THE USCF SETTLE? Something stinks to high heaven. Someone claimed that the settlement was "a complete victory" for...
January 28th 10 03:09 AM
by None Go to last post
3 584
Who won the lawsuit? by MrVidmar
ChessFire wrote: On Jan 27, 3:08 am, "Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (Wlod)" wrote: On Jan 26, 12:59 pm, " wrote: WHY DID THE USCF SETTLE?
January 27th 10 11:58 PM
by MrVidmar Go to last post
2 685
Post New Thread