Using fritz to analyse games

Old July 24th 03, 05:00 AM
Harialbth

Default Using fritz to analyse games

Hi,

I just got fritz 7 "free". How do i use it to run through my games and
give me analysis and commentry on it? my games are in pgn format,
could that be a problem with fritz7 ?

Many thanks to anyone who can help,
Old July 24th 03, 10:26 AM
Gunny Bunny

F7 is pgn friendly.

Click Tools Analysis Blunder check

There is a HELP command on the top menu, if u have further questions.

om...

Old July 24th 03, 05:38 PM
Mike Ogush

In order to be able to anlyze a set of games you need to open the PGN
file as a database.

1) Click File-Open-Database to get to the database screen.

2) Then click File-Open-Database to bring up dialog box to open a
specific database.

Change the default file type from CBH files to PGN files so you can
locate your PGN file. Then browse folders to locate your file and
open it.

You should see a list of games from the PGN file after it is open.

Note: Fritz will remeber which database you had open so the next time
you start up Fritz you can skip step 2.

3) Select which games you want to annotate.

4) Do a blunder check as described below [or do a full anaysis by
clicking Tools-Analysis-Full Analysis]

See help file for information on different types of analysis Fritz can
do. You may also want look over Steve Lopez' technical notes on using
Fritz and Chessbase. These are available on www.chessbaseusa.com or
the support page at www.chesbase.com.

Mike Ogush

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 09:26:54 GMT, "Gunny Bunny"
wrote:

F7 is pgn friendly.

Click Tools Analysis Blunder check

There is a HELP command on the top menu, if u have further questions.

. com...

Old July 24th 03, 11:18 PM
Harialbth

Thank you for that tip. Its what i wanted but there's another problem.
Every time i try to do something, like an analysis, fritz asks me to
insert the cd. But I don't have a cd since this is the "free" version
from kazaa. Is there any way to get around the cd prompt?
thank again,

Old July 25th 03, 04:43 PM
John Swartz

There is a very simple solution - buy yourself a legal copy. What you
got from kazaa may be "free", but it is not legal. And despite what Dr.
Robert says, not all of us with computers steal files.

John