the unlucky 13th move

Old July 24th 03, 07:00 PM
Nomen Nescio

Default the unlucky 13th move

NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway.
No effort was made to verify the identity of the sender.

[Event "ICC 5 0 u"]
[Site "Internet Chess Club"]
[White "GD"]
[Black "guest118"]
[Result "1-0"]
[ICCResult "Black checkmated"]
[WhiteElo "3094"]
[Opening "Sicilian: Labourdonnais-Löwenthal variation"]
[ECO "B32"]
[NIC "SI.32"]
[TimeControl "300+0"]

1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. d4 cxd4 4. Nxd4 e5 5. Nb5 a6
{While refuted for about 20-30 years, every other year some
ICC monkey starts playing this variation. Is it my fault that they
have so small brains?! I guess not. So here comes the 17th time of
the 5th refutation...}
6. Nd6+ Bxd6 7. Qxd6 Qf6 8. Qd1!?
{always keeping in mind that 8.Qc7!, 8.Qd2, 8.Qa3 or 8.Qxf6!!
are also very good}
8... Qg6 9. Nc3 d5 10. Nxd5 Qxe4+
{he seems to have memorized this one way or another with a lot
of thinking time until here. What an effort!}
11. Be3 Nb4?? 12. Nc7+ Kf8
{2 1/2 moves after the end of his memorization the checkmate
arrives}
13. Qd8# {Black checkmated} 1-0

Old July 25th 03, 12:52 AM
Scardanelli

Nomen Nescio wrote:

[...]
1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. d4 cxd4 4. Nxd4 e5 5. Nb5 a6
{While refuted for about 20-30 years, every other year some
ICC monkey starts playing this variation. Is it my fault that they
have so small brains?!

That's one of Werner's tragedies in a nutshell. He believes that
someone who does not spend his life with opening theory has
no brains. The fact that his chess knowledge just suffices for
beginners and poor games like this one does not irritate him.
Werner, do *you* think that you have spent your time well?

[...]
6. Nd6+ Bxd6 7. Qxd6 Qf6 8. Qd1!?
[...]

8... Qg6 9. Nc3 d5 10. Nxd5 Qxe4+