a drastic pirc defeat

Old July 25th 03, 04:08 AM
Randy Bauer

Default a drastic pirc defeat

Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer wrote in message news:[email protected] .to...
NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway.
No effort was made to verify the identity of the sender.

[Event "ICC 5 0 u"]
[Site "Internet Chess Club"]
[White "GD"]
[Black "guest1165"]
[Result "1-0"]
[ICCResult "Black resigns"]
[WhiteElo "3094"]
[Opening "Pirc: Austrian attack, dragon formation"]
[ECO "B09"]
[NIC "PU.05"]
[TimeControl "300+0"]

1. e4 d6
{surprisingly many fools on icc playing silly defences. here is how
to defeat this one}
2. d4 Nf6 3. Nc3 g6 4. f4 Bg7 5. Nf3 c5 6. Bb5+ Bd7 7. e5 Ng4
8. e6 Bxb5 9. exf7+ Kd7
{so far he memorizes very well. and he plays it fast. good for
me, always very good for me!}
10. Nxb5 Qa5+ 11. Nc3 cxd4 12. Nxd4 Nc6??
{here it is, the indecisive error - because his position was bad
anyway. now he can throw off the towel.}
13. Qxg4+ {Black resigns} 1-0

A ludicrous game that spawns ludicrous claims.

First, 8...fxe6 has been the overwhelming choice in master play for at
least a decade. Praxis suggests black is doing fine in these lines,
although several fizzle out to forced draws or drawish positions.

Second, 12...Nc6 just hangs a piece. What's the big deal about
posting something so banal? While white keeps an edge in the lines
after 12...Bxd4 or 12...h5, at least there would be a contest, rather
than this silly game.

Passing this off as worthy of bravado is enough to make me puke.

Randy Bauer
Old July 25th 03, 04:16 PM
Looney

"Randy Bauer" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Um, Randy? How can you be sure that's not GD's goal? Why else would he act
like such a schlmiel?

--
Looney
http://www.patzersprogress.com

Old July 25th 03, 04:26 PM
CeeBee

(Randy Bauer) wrote

snip troll drivel and response

http://www.geocities.com/ceebee_2/pdftt.mp3

--
CeeBee

Google CeeBee @ www.geocities.com/ceebee_2
Old July 25th 03, 06:44 PM
Randy Bauer

CeeBee wrote in message .6.84...
(Randy Bauer) wrote

snip troll drivel and response

http://www.geocities.com/ceebee_2/pdftt.mp3

You've made your opinion on "just ignoring him" known. I don't think
you need to repeat it to those of us who regularly follow along on
this newsgroup and choose to respond where we deem it appropriate.

For those who might actually be interested in Pirc theory, I provided
guidance in my response. I would hate for somebody just dropping by
to examine that game and actually conclude that the whole line in
question (...c5 against the Austrian Attack) is bad for black.

Randy Bauer
Old July 28th 03, 01:30 AM
Mhoulsby

From: CeeBee
Date: 27/07/03 14:58 GMT Daylight Time
(Mark Houlsby) wrote

That said, Randy's description: "hall monitor" is apt. You *don't* get
to decide
what other people can or cannot post, neither do you get to decide to
whom they may or may not respond....

Don't _make up_ what I write, but read it before posting this kind of
hickups. Have you any idea of the exact meaning of the word "please" in
"please don't feed the trolls"?

As long as I say "please", and as long as our Bauer friend says "I don't
think you need to repeat it" I don't see a "hall monitor", just a regular
and decent exchange of (different) opinions.

All I see is Bauer determining that unwanted opinions are a reason to
silence people in his killfile. Talking about the spirit of a "hall
monitor".

That's not the way I read it. Randy pointed out that he is aware of your
proclivity. He also pointed out that because he is a regular contributor, you
should realise that he is likely to be aware not only of your proclivity, but
of the dynamics of trolling.

Like me, Randy may hardly be said to reply to Werner's every post.

Like me, he appears to do it only when he perceives there to be a *specific*
reason to do it.

This is why I've said to you in the past: "Don't PDFTT me ever again." I
suspect that it's also the reason that you're now in his killfile.

For my part, I happen to believe that if we could organise things so that, say,
25 of us at a time (taking it in turns of course) responded to *every* post by
*every* troll (including heavyweights like Timothy Hanke) they'd soon become
exhausted and ply their trade elsewhere.

Ralph Betza met with richly-deserved opprobrium and went away....

"Marin Mersenne" did, too...

Why can't we do this with *all* trolls, I wonder?

Mark