creating a study plan

Old July 29th 03, 04:47 AM
Ivan

Default creating a study plan

How do you create a study plan for chess improvement ?
Old July 29th 03, 06:58 AM
Jan Matthies

Hi Ivan,

one very important part will be to play at least one long game per week !
Analyse them and see and learn from your mistakes.

I'm sure the other guys here will jump in on the topic.

Yours,
Jan Matthies
Chess Visualisation Training
http://www.janmatthies.info/chess/cvt/cvt.htm

"Ivan" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
om...
How do you create a study plan for chess improvement ?

Old July 29th 03, 08:03 PM
Thierry Angers

Hi Ivan,

There is very interesting books out there, I read 2 of them and liked them
very much: "Chess Master... at any age" by Wetzell and "Rapid chess
improvement" by Michael de la Maza. For this second book, if you read the
critics and reviews of this book, they just throw it down the shelf. Maybe
it is because he himself throws a lot of general principles down. (Like "GM
instruction is sub-optimal at the class level") He also downs the best
selling book "How to reassess your chess" by J. Silman (which IMHO I think
is awesome, I gained 400 rating points after reading it). If you are
passionned enough to to what he calls "the 7 circles", I am sure you will
improve.

Regards,

Thierry Angers

[email protected]

Old August 1st 03, 03:51 AM
Jim Roe

Here is a simple study plan I am using:

go to Seagaard Chess Reviews and look for the review on Total Chess
Training.
Right now I am studying the French Defence using the Encycopeadia of Opening
blunders.
For many many blunders in this opening the program plays the game up to the
blunder. You are then asked to refute the bad move. Then you can take a test

This program and Chess Assistant 7.1 are my training and learning bibles.
Both are a must for the average player.

"Ivan" wrote in message
om...
How do you create a study plan for chess improvement ?