multimedia chess tutoring software?

Old July 2nd 03, 03:36 AM
Spiderman

Default multimedia chess tutoring software?

Hey folks,

Is anyone aware of a software program similar to Jeremy Silman's Chess
Mentor, but with AUDIO instead of text? This type of chess training
software was very well implemented in CM 9000, where Josh Waitzkin
gave multimedia lessons with audio and visual display. Im looking for
a program that uses that technology, but covers more comprehensive
subject matter, like rook endings, or positional strategy, or
openings, etc... I prefer audio/visual lessons because I have
dyslexia and cant read text very well. I suppose my other options
would be videotape or hiring a real teacher. Anyhow, let me know what
you suggest!

Thanks,

Spidey