ready for chess

Old August 6th 03, 04:20 PM
Nomen Nescio

Default ready for chess

NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway.
No effort was made to verify the identity of the sender.

This is a hell of an interesting game. I suggest a thread of
at least 40 messages (including worthless contributions from
CeeBee, mogath, Bauer, etc. etc.) like last time.

[Event "ICC 5 0 u"]
[Site "Internet Chess Club"]
[White "GD"]
[Black "guest973"]
[Result "1-0"]
[ICCResult "Black resigns"]
[WhiteElo "3094"]
[Opening "Queen's pawn: English defense"]
[ECO "A40"]
[NIC "QO.17"]
[TimeControl "300+0"]

1. d4 b6 2. e4 Bb7
{an opening for beginners - easy to learn the moves and you get
to castle quite once in a while}
3. Nc3 Nf6 4. e5 Nd5 5. Nxd5 Bxd5 6. c4 Bb7 7. Nf3 e6
8. Bd3 h6
{despite your position is a mess after 8 moves, but you don't know
it yet}
9. O-O Be7 10. Qe2 O-O 11. Be4 Nc6 12. d5!
{move 12 - time to close in}
12... Nb4 13. Rd1 exd5 14. cxd5 a5 15. d6!
{feels great}
15... Bxe4 16. dxe7 Qxe7 17. Qxe4 d5 18. Qg4 c5
19. Bxh6!! {The double exclam for you out there. Black resigns} 1-0

Now sing your song, trolls.

Old August 6th 03, 06:57 PM
floris

I'm pretty new to this newsgroup, but .... who IS this idiot that keeps
posting these pointless games???
my 80-year old granny would have beaten this black player

"Nomen Nescio" schreef in bericht

Old August 7th 03, 12:02 AM
Scardanelli

floris wrote:

I'm pretty new to this newsgroup, but .... who IS this idiot that keeps
posting these pointless games???
my 80-year old granny would have beaten this black player [...]

You can call him Werner (cf. http://makeashorterlink.com/?D2BA63385).
He is an amazing little troll who has driven a beginner's mistake to an
extreme (studying opening theory without learning to play chess), as well
as his way to compensate for the frustration resulting from that mistake.

Regards