Identify Openings

Old August 12th 03, 06:40 AM
Tiger88

Default Identify Openings

I play a lot of internet chess on FICS, usually using Winboard or Chess
Machine. I'd like to learn the names of the openings that my opponent and
I are using.

Ideally, I'd like to find some program or add on that would show a little
window. As the game progressed it might indicate something like
"White-Queen's gambit" or "Black-French Defense". I'd like to see the
names, not ECO codes.

The idea would be to get this information real time as we play, not have to
look it up later. Any leads to a program that can do this, either on line
or off?