If chess pieces could talk...

Old July 3rd 03, 08:55 PM
Ivan

Default If chess pieces could talk...

I wonder what they would say if chess pieces could talk. I believe
that it would sound like a dysfunctional family because it is the
queen that is wearing the pants in that household; not the king.

I think the Bishops would act really arrogant because they can attack
long range and they like stuck up pieces anyway. I picture Rooks to
talk slow and sluggish but with old age wisdom.

Who knows with all this technology we have, maybe someday in the
future we'll be able to have a conversation with our chess pieces.
Old July 3rd 03, 09:02 PM
ChessliB

"The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the
friendship
I share with my collection of singing potatoes."

- Holly, JMC Vessel -Red Dwarf-

om...

Old July 3rd 03, 09:48 PM
Looney

"Ivan" wrote in message
om...
I wonder what they would say if chess pieces could talk. I believe
that it would sound like a dysfunctional family because it is the
queen that is wearing the pants in that household; not the king.

I think the Bishops would act really arrogant because they can attack
long range and they like stuck up pieces anyway. I picture Rooks to
talk slow and sluggish but with old age wisdom.

Who knows with all this technology we have, maybe someday in the
future we'll be able to have a conversation with our chess pieces.

And knights would be like hyperactive children, bouncing around the house
like a 3 year-old on coke...

--
Looney
http://www.patzersprogress.com

Old July 3rd 03, 10:01 PM
The Masked Bishop

Who knows with all this technology we have, maybe someday in the
future we'll be able to have a conversation with our chess pieces

Maybe! And maybe that same technology will mutate raving lunatics into
something more useful, like orange trees.

dysfunctional family because it is the
queen that is wearing the pants in that household; not the king.

Ah, old world sexism. Thanks for sharing, Ivan.

Old July 4th 03, 08:15 AM
Damir Ulovec

"John Macnab" wrote in message
a...
Ivan wrote:
This is one of the stupidest ideas posted here yet. No, there is no
"natural hierarchy" of gender, nor is there of race.

Why "the stupidest idea"? It's just a man's idea. Everybody has right to their
opinion, don't you think so?
)

--
"Place your hand on an oven for a minute, and it will feel like an hour. Just
sit aside a very nice girl an hour, and it seems like a minute. This is exactly

Old July 4th 03, 04:29 PM
John Macnab

Ivan wrote:

This is one of the stupidest ideas posted here yet. No, there is no
"natural hierarchy" of gender, nor is there of race.

Why "the stupidest idea"? It's just a man's idea. Everybody has right to their
opinion, don't you think so?
)

--
"Place your hand on an oven for a minute, and it will feel like an hour. Just
sit aside a very nice girl an hour, and it seems like a minute. This is exactly
what is relativity." Albert Einstein

Surely there is an important distinction to having a right to an opinion
and having a right to have one's opinions be immune to criticism. I
would never deny him the right to the public expression of this idea;
but that doesn't mean I should deny myself the right to express my
disdain at its loathsome content.

John

Old July 4th 03, 11:24 PM
Neil Coward

Place your hand on Albert Einstein for a minute and it seems like 30
seconds.
Place your girl on a hot stove and it seems like an hour.
Place your hour on a minute and it seems like a hot girl

Cheers!! (hic)

ek munuestealO

Old July 5th 03, 12:37 AM
bknight

Well, they certainly must. In his book The Seven Deadly Chess Sins, GM
Jonathan Rowson writes about the importance of "talking to your pieces".
Obviously they (the pieces) must have told him a few things already...

MC
---

om...

Old July 5th 03, 07:09 AM
Damir Ulovec

"Neil Coward" wrote in message
Place your hand on Albert Einstein for a minute and it seems like 30
seconds.
Place your girl on a hot stove and it seems like an hour.
Place your hour on a minute and it seems like a hot girl

I'm missing the point here... And english is not my native language...

Cheers!! (hic)

Lesser wine, lesser wine... )

Old July 5th 03, 04:17 PM
Liam Too

"bknight" wrote in message .. .
Well, they certainly must. In his book The Seven Deadly Chess Sins, GM
Jonathan Rowson writes about the importance of "talking to your pieces".
Obviously they (the pieces) must have told him a few things already...

Sure they did. The King always have been asking to protect his Lady
from those Stinging B's and Galloping Horseys. He can't do anything
with those pesky pawns though, because all of them wanted to pursue
their dreams, to run away and become Super Models.