Plachutta and Novotny

Old September 5th 03, 07:21 AM
JMR

Default Plachutta and Novotny

I am looking for studies (not mate in x moves) where the theme Plachutta or
Novotny occur.

If you can give me the start position of these studies, it would be fine o)

Thanks

For example below is a Plachutta :
[Event "?"]
[Site "?"]
[Date "1929.??.??"]
[Round "?"]
[White "Rinck, H."]
[Black "[+0610.54e6e8]"]
[Result "1-0"]
[SetUp "1"]
[FEN "4k3/8/3pKp1P/pP6/3Bp3/1P2P3/r6P/4r3 w - - 0 1"]
[PlyCount "7"]
[EventDate "1929.??.??"]
[Source "ChessBase"]
[SourceDate "2000.10.30"]

1. b6 Rb1 2. Bb2 $3 {--- Plachutta ---
} Rbxb2 (2... Raxb2 $144 3. b7 Rxb3 4.
h7 $18) 3. h7 Rxh2 4. b7 $18 1-0

A Novotny is the same with the two black pieces of different move behaviour
(as a Rook and a Tower).

Old September 5th 03, 05:57 PM
Claus-Jürgen Heigl

Fernando wrote:

1.b6 Kd8 2.h4!

2. h4 is refuted by 2...Kf8.

Claus-Juergen
Old September 5th 03, 06:50 PM
Fernando

"Claus-Jürgen Heigl" schreef in bericht
Fernando wrote:

1.b6 Kd8 2.h4!

2. h4 is refuted by 2...Kf8.

Claus-Juergen

The line with the rooks was an easy find. So I looked at the possibility
where black plays 1... Kd8. Still a loss for black, at a slower rate, due to
2.h4
After that. Black can't jump his King to f8, or reach h8 with his rook due
to the possible fork with Bxf6.

Best regards,
Fernando

Old September 6th 03, 10:50 PM
Claus-Jürgen Heigl

Fernando wrote:

1... Kd8. Still a loss for black, at a slower rate, due to
2.h4
After that. Black can't jump his King to f8, or reach h8 with his rook due
to the possible fork with Bxf6.

1...Kd8 instead of 1...Rb1. Sorry, I didn´t read your post carefully
enough. Of course you are right.

Claus-Juergen