GetClub Chess improved Twice again !!!

Old July 29th 08, 01:08 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
Sanny

Default GetClub Chess improved Twice again !!!

This month only 30% improvement was possible but today a problem was
found and now the game plays Twice Stronger moves.

So now you will find a very tough opponent. I played a game between
Jester & Beginner Level and it took 73 moves to win against Beginner.
Earlier it used to win in just 45 moves.

So Help Bot be prepared for a tough match or have some vitamin tablets
else you will loose the game against GetClub.

Game Played between Jester and beginner at GetClub.com

Jester: (White)
beginner: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...728&game=Chess

White -- Black
(Jester) -- (beginner)

1. e2-e4{14} c7-c5{0}
2. Ng1-f3{6} Ng8-f6{0}
3. e4-e5{24} Nf6-d5{0}
4. Bf1-c4{22} Nd5-f4{34}
5. Ke1-g1{22} d7-d5{8}
6. e5-d6{18} Qd8-d6{10}
7. d2-d3{18} Nb8-c6{12}
8. Nb1-c3{30} e7-e6{22}
9. Bc1-e3{22} f7-f5{40}
10. Nc3-b5{20} Qd6-b8{8}
11. Rf1-e1{20} Bf8-e7{48}
12. Be3-f4{18} Qb8-f4{8}
13. Qd1-c1{18} Qf4-c1{28}
14. Ra1-c1{24} Ke8-g8{8}
15. Nb5-c7{18} Ra8-b8{8}
16. Nc7-e6{18} Bc8-e6{0}
17. Bc4-e6{18} Kg8-h8{30}
18. Be6-d7{22} Be7-f6{40}
19. c2-c3{20} g7-g6{18}
20. Bd7-c6{20} b7-c6{8}
21. Rc1-c2{18} Rf8-d8{16}
22. Rc2-d2{18} Rd8-d6{6}
23. Nf3-e5{20} Rb8-b7{6}
24. Ne5-c4{20} Rd6-d8{8}
25. f2-f4{20} Rb7-e7{38}
26. Re1-e7{20} Bf6-e7{12}
27. Nc4-e5{20} Rd8-c8{22}
28. Rd2-e2{18} Be7-f8{10}
29. Kg1-f2{20} Kh8-g7{0}
30. g2-g3{22} h7-h5{22}
31. Kf2-f3{22} Rc8-c7{16}
32. Ne5-c4{18} a7-a6{18}
33. Re2-e8{20} Rc7-e7{42}
34. Re8-a8{20} a6-a5{34}
35. Ra8-a5{22} Re7-e1{28}
36. Nc4-e5{78} Re1-f1{24}
37. Kf3-e3{18} Rf1-e1{12}
38. Ke3-d2{20} Re1-h1{16}
39. Ra5-a7{20} Kg7-h6{0}
40. Ne5-f7{18} Kh6-g7{16}
41. Nf7-g5{20} Kg7-g8{0}
42. Ng5-f3{22} Rh1-b1{12}
43. Ra7-b7{22} Bf8-g7{12}
44. Rb7-b6{22} Kg8-h7{10}
45. Kd2-c2{20} Rb1-a1{0}
46. Rb6-c6{22} Bg7-h6{22}
47. Kc2-b3{20} Ra1-d1{6}
48. Nf3-e5{20} h5-h4{18}
49. Ne5-g6{20} h4-g3{18}
50. h2-g3{18} Rd1-d3{6}
51. Ng6-e7{20} Bh6-f8{14}
52. Ne7-f5{22} Rd3-d5{20}
53. Rc6-f6{18} Kh7-g8{8}
54. a2-a4{22} Rd5-d7{10}
55. Kb3-c4{20} Rd7-d2{8}
56. b2-b3{18} Rd2-a2{12}
57. Nf5-h6{22} Bf8-h6{10}
58. Rf6-h6{20} Ra2-b2{36}
59. a4-a5{20} Kg8-f7{22}
60. a5-a6{20} Rb2-e2{20}
61. Rh6-h8{22} Re2-a2{8}
62. a6-a7{20} Kf7-f6{10}
63. Qa7-a8{Q}{22} Ra2-a8{22}
64. Rh8-a8{4} Kf6-e6{16}
65. Kc4-c5{16} Ke6-d7{24}
66. g3-g4{22} Kd7-e7{6}
67. Ra8-h8{28} Ke7-d7{6}
68. b3-b4{26} Kd7-e7{14}
69. b4-b5{18} Ke7-f6{14}
70.b5-b6{19} Kf6-g6 {15}
71.b6-b7{15}

Jester: (White)
beginner: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...728&game=Chess

Do you see that GetClub defending itself more strongly than earlier.

I was thinking now, no more improvements are possible but today
GetClub achieved twice improvement.

So be prepared for a strong match.

Bye
Sanny

Old July 29th 08, 06:18 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
[email protected]

All I can suggest is that you avoid halucinogens.
Played a quick game against the new and "twice"
as good beginner. While I did drag it out until move
45 it was all over by move 12.
Old July 30th 08, 05:55 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
help bot

On Jul 29, 1:18*pm, wrote:

All I can suggest is that you avoid halucinogens.
Played a quick game against the new and "twice"
as good beginner. While I did drag it out until move
45 it was all over by move 12.

Poster seems to be in denial....

He thinks "*I* dragged it out" but in reality,
it takes two to Tango. No way can you, all
by yourself, drag things out without some
resistance.

But as always, Sanny's claim to suddenly
having solved a "bug" and made a huge
"improvement" reminds me of the story of
the boy who cried "wolf, wolf, wolf, wolf,
wolf, wolf, wolf, wolf, wolf, wolf, wolf, wolf,
wolf, wolf, wolf!" That story ended, BTW,
with the towns folk ignoring the boy's
prank cries and him being eaten by a
hungry bear-- who had come only to
investigate if there really were a pack of
tasty wolves, for he could find no more
deer or antelope in the forest.

The moral of this story is to never cry
"wolf!", but instead always pick the
predator at the very top of the food chain.
Crying "bear!" would have scared the
wolves away, you see. (Or, in Sanny's
case, the proper cry is "tiger!")

-- help bot

Old July 30th 08, 12:53 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
Sanny

Default Beginner 2200+ Rating.

With this improvement Beginner is now 2200+

Here is the rating of each level

Beginner: 2200+ As good as Help Bot

Easy: 2300+ As good as Taylor Kingston / Chess One / Sam Sloan and
other good players.

Normal: 2400+ No one in this newsroom at this level

Master: 2500+ It Plays like Grand Master.

Now, Help Bot will find it very difficult to win even the Beginner
Level. Lets see the new games. I am waiting for games where Beginner
will win against Help Bot.

Yes, Help Bot can win if he thinks 60 seconds per move and Beginner
will play in just 15 seconds. And most of the moves by Beginner Level
will be played in "0" second, as Beginner have already thought its
move in opponents time.

Bye
Sanny

Old July 30th 08, 12:55 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
Sanny

* The moral of this story is to never cry
"wolf!", but instead always pick the
predator at the very top of the food chain.
Crying "bear!" would have scared the
wolves away, you see. *(Or, in Sanny's
case, the proper cry is "tiger!")

Yes today GetClub will play like a Tiger. Its much improved now. Play
against Beginner Level ands see how good it is playing today.

Bye
Sanny

Old July 30th 08, 03:49 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
[email protected]

On Jul 29, 11:55*pm, help bot wrote:
On Jul 29, 1:18*pm, wrote:

* Poster seems to be in denial....

* He thinks "*I* dragged it out" but in reality,
it takes two to Tango. *No way can you, all
by yourself, drag things out without some
resistance.

* -- help bot

Pretty sure that I both can and did but see
for yourself if you have nothing better to do:

http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...764&game=Chess

I would never play this way against a human
opponent after obtaining such a large
advantage because doing so would be rude
and offensive IMHO, I have no such
compunctions about toying with inanimate
object for my amusement.

Old July 30th 08, 05:01 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
Sanny

http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...764&game=Chess

I would never play this way against a human
opponent after obtaining such a large
advantage because doing so would be rude
and offensive IMHO, I have no such
compunctions about toying with *inanimate
object for my amusement.

In this game something went wrong and GetClub lost its two knights for
just 2 pawns.

Was this game played before this posting? If not now the game is Twice
Stronger.

Let me know if the game was played before the improvement was done or
after that?

Bye
Sanny

Old July 30th 08, 05:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
Sanny

Default Peter win Easy Level in just 18 moves.

Peter win Easy Level in just 18 moves.

He used other commercial program to win against the Easy Level 2300+
Rated Program in just 18 moves.

Game Played between peter and easy at GetClub.com

peter: (Black)
easy: (White)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...836&game=Chess

White -- Black
(easy) -- (peter)

1. d2-d4{0} Ng8-f6{8}
2. e2-e3{0} d7-d5{6}
3. Nb1-c3{322} Nb8-c6{6}
4. Bf1-d3{32} e7-e5{48}
5. d4-e5{24} Nc6-e5{44}
6. Ng1-f3{120} Bf8-d6{22}
7. Nf3-e5{26} Bd6-e5{28}
8. Bc1-d2{84} Ke8-g8{34}
9. Ra1-b1{280} c7-c5{22}
10. g2-g3{26} Bc8-h3{26}
11. Qd1-f3{158} Qd8-d7{20}
12. b2-b3{22} Ra8-d8{22}
13. Rb1-c1{42} c5-c4{26}
14. Bd3-f1{38} Bh3-g4{26}
15. Qf3-g2{38} d5-d4{24}
16. Nc3-e4{322} d4-e3{24}
17. Bd2-b4{88} Qd7-d1{20}
18. Rc1-d1{0}
peter: (Black)
easy: (White)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...836&game=Chess

Bye
Sanny

What do you think went wrong that Easy Level lost in just 18 moves?
Was peter's computer thinking in Opponents time?

Peters program is 10 times stronger than GetClub program.

Bye
Sanny

Old July 30th 08, 05:21 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer
Peter Osterlund

Sanny writes:

With this improvement Beginner is now 2200+

Here is the rating of each level

Beginner: 2200+ As good as Help Bot

Easy: 2300+ As good as Taylor Kingston / Chess One / Sam Sloan and
other good players.

Here is a game with easy level. Look how GetClub first shows complete
lack of positional understanding by playing moves like 9. Rb1, 10. g3,
12. b3 and 13 Rc1. Then it finishes off by thinking for 88 seconds
before playing 17. Bb4, overlooking a mate-in-2.

I think the 2300+ estimate is not very accurate.

[Date "2008.07.30"]
[White "GetClub easy level"]
[Black "Glaurung 2.1"]
[Result "0-1"]

1. d4 Nf6 2. e3 d5 3. Nc3 Nc6 4. Bd3 e5 5. dxe5 Nxe5 6. Nf3 Bd6 7. Nxe5
Bxe5 8. Bd2 O-O 9. Rb1 c5 10. g3 Bh3 11. Qf3 Qd7 12. b3 Rad8 13. Rc1 c4 14.
Bf1 Bg4 15. Qg2 d4 16. Ne4 dxe3 17. Bb4 Qd1+
{White resigns} 0-1

--
Peter Osterlund -
http://web.telia.com/~u89404340
Old July 30th 08, 05:42 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer
Peter Osterlund

Sanny writes:

Peter win Easy Level in just 18 moves.

He used other commercial program to win against the Easy Level 2300+
Rated Program in just 18 moves.

It's not a commercial program. It's Glaurung 2.1, which is a free (GNU
GPL) program.

White -- Black
(easy) -- (peter)

1. d2-d4{0} Ng8-f6{8}
2. e2-e3{0} d7-d5{6}
3. Nb1-c3{322} Nb8-c6{6}
4. Bf1-d3{32} e7-e5{48}
5. d4-e5{24} Nc6-e5{44}
6. Ng1-f3{120} Bf8-d6{22}
7. Nf3-e5{26} Bd6-e5{28}
8. Bc1-d2{84} Ke8-g8{34}
9. Ra1-b1{280} c7-c5{22}
10. g2-g3{26} Bc8-h3{26}
11. Qd1-f3{158} Qd8-d7{20}
12. b2-b3{22} Ra8-d8{22}
13. Rb1-c1{42} c5-c4{26}
14. Bd3-f1{38} Bh3-g4{26}
15. Qf3-g2{38} d5-d4{24}
16. Nc3-e4{322} d4-e3{24}
17. Bd2-b4{88} Qd7-d1{20}
18. Rc1-d1{0}

What do you think went wrong that Easy Level lost in just 18 moves?

The program forgot to castle, then made it impossible to castle
(10. g3), then made pointless moves (12. b3, 13 Rc1) until the game
was hopelessly lost. Finally, it missed a mate-in-2 threat.

Was peter's computer thinking in Opponents time?

Doesn't matter when the GetClub program is playing obviously inferior
moves. Remember the game between Glaurung at 1 second per move and no
thinking on the opponent's time versus master level thinking 30+
minutes per move.

Peters program is 10 times stronger than GetClub program.

It's not a constant factor stronger, it's exponentially stronger
because of better algorithms.