Game 6 why didn't Kramnik play N f4

Old October 21st 08, 05:04 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis
chessplayer

Default Game 6 why didn't Kramnik play N f4

Haven't done any analysis on this. I am simply writing while watching
it on time delay.
Old October 21st 08, 05:21 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis
chessplayer

On Oct 21, 9:04*pm, chessplayer wrote:
Haven't done any analysis on this. I am simply writing while watching
it on time delay.

In this instance Kramnik was spot on. Computer analysis shows f5.
Old October 21st 08, 06:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis
chessplayer

On Oct 21, 9:21*pm, chessplayer wrote:
On Oct 21, 9:04*pm, chessplayer wrote:

Haven't done any analysis on this. I am simply writing while watching
it on time delay.

In this instance Kramnik was spot on. Computer analysis shows f5.

But although he was spot on here he did make some mistakes later on in
the end game and lost yet again. Now it looks like Anand is well on
his way to win the 12 match series.
Old October 21st 08, 09:00 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis
David Richerby

chessplayer wrote:
Haven't done any analysis on this. I am simply writing while
watching it on time delay.

It might help if you told us which move you were talking about.
Usenet posts are not necessarily distributed in a timely fashion and
most people will be reading your post long after the game finished.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Salted Chocolate Monk (TM): it's like
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ a man of God that's made of chocolate
Old October 22nd 08, 06:18 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis
chessplayer

On Oct 22, 1:00*am, David Richerby
wrote:
chessplayer wrote:
Haven't done any analysis on this. I am simply writing while
watching it on time delay.

It might help if you told us which move you were talking about.
Usenet posts are not necessarily distributed in a timely fashion and
most people will be reading your post long after the game finished.

I apologize. I was referring in game 6 to move 26 where Kramnik played
f5. Upon computer analysis the computer shows that as the best move.
However, Kramnik still lost the game from a position which till then
seemed equal so I guess he made some mistake later on. Haven't
analyzed the later moves to see where he made the mistake. Anand
really seems to have Kramnik's number. I wish the organisers of the
world chess championship get a match up between Topalov and Anand. I
honestly believe Topalov will give Anand a tougher time.

Dave.

Old October 22nd 08, 12:54 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc
chessplayer

wrote:

chessplayer wrote:
Haven't done any analysis on this. I am simply writing while
watching it on time delay.

It might help if you told us which move you were talking about.
Usenet posts are not necessarily distributed in a timely fashion and
most people will be reading your post long after the game finished.

I apologize. I was referring in game 6 to move 26 where Kramnik played
f5. Upon computer analysis the computer shows that as the best move.
However, Kramnik still lost the game from a position which till then
seemed equal so I guess he made some mistake later on. Haven't
analyzed the later moves to see where he made the mistake. Anand
really seems to have Kramnik's number. I wish the organisers of the
world chess championship get a match up between Topalov and Anand. I
honestly believe Topalov will give Anand a tougher time.

Now for the moves where the computer analysis shows that Kramnik
should have played something else.

On move 27 Kramnik should have played R c7 and not R c8.

However, since he played Rc8 we take the game as it went and then come
to move 29 where he should have played R c2 and not a5. However,
since he played a5 we take the game as it went and then on move 30 he
should have played a4 and not e5. However, he didn't play a4 so we
take the game as it went and on move 33 when white played B d2 he
should have played Rc2 and not a4. Maybe these world champion players
are superior to the computer analysis but I guess if you follow the
computer analysis it seems Kramnik could have drawn the game. Of
course these 4 instances were where the computer shows what was the
best move. Maybe some of these 4 were not mistakes which cost Kramnik
the game but one of them certainly was.

Dave.

--
David Richerby * * * * * * * * * * * * * Salted Chocolate Monk (TM): it's likewww.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/** *a man of God that's made of chocolate
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *but it's covered in salt!- Hide quoted text -

Old October 22nd 08, 02:01 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc
Offramp

On Oct 22, 12:54 pm, chessplayer wrote:

I really can't see any difference between 27...Rc7 and Rc8.
Where are you suggesting that ...Nf4 should have been played?
Old October 22nd 08, 05:25 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc
chessplayer

On Oct 22, 6:01*pm, Offramp wrote:
On Oct 22, 12:54 pm, chessplayer wrote:

On Oct 22, 10:18 am, chessplayer wrote:

I really can't see any difference between 27...Rc7 and Rc8.
Where are you suggesting that ...Nf4 should have been played?

N f4 was on move 26. However, computer analysis shows that Kramnik did
play the best move which was f5. However, from that point onwards he
played at least 4 moves (at different times) which each could be
considered not the best move according to the computer. It is
difficult for me to say which was the move which cost him the match
but at least one of those 4 moves put him in a difficult position. Too
bad. Now it is very difficult for Kramnik to come back. Here's hoping
we see a match up between Anand and Topalov in the next
championship.