New Chess Program (Worlds Strongest).

Old November 3rd 08, 07:52 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
Sanny

Default New Chess Program (Worlds Strongest).

I am thinking of creating a new Chess Program that can be downloaded
and played on computer.

I am thinking of designing it in C++ that will be 10-20 times faster
than the Java version. and that will be Strongest Program in the
World.

What functionalities should I give in the downloaded program So that I
get more sales?

If my program plays better than Rybka and Fritz how much price I
should keep for the program to get more money?

Here is the list of Prices of Rybka, Fritz and other Programs.

Chess Assistant 10 Professional package with Deep Rybka 3 ($ 149.95)

ChessGenius ($ 24.95)

Chessmaster 10th Edition ($ 29.95)

Deep Fritz 11 ($ 109.95)

Deep Hiarcs ($ 139.95)

GetClub Program will play stronger than all the above listed. So what
should be the price I should keep for the downloaded Program?

If my program is stronger that all the Chess Programs in the World how
many Sales I can have?

Can I sell 1000 copies/year?
Can I sell 10,000 copies/ year?
Can I sell 100,000 copies/ year?
Or 1,000,000 copies/ year?

Because I will have to invest atleast $1,00,000 - $10,00,000 to create
this package and Market it.

Can I get information about how many copes of Fritz/ Rybka/ Chess
Master has been sold? Or details about number of sales / year?

If I see benefit I will take loans for developing it. But I will have
to repay all money I take along with the interests.

So I wish to know If my program plays Strongest than all programs in
the World how many copies I can sale/ year?

Anyone can help from where I can get this information?

I have 2 main Question.

1. What should be the Price of Program $50 - $200 [Best for Sales]
2. Number of Sales possible [1000 - 100,000] (sales per year)

If I can get correct estimates of above and find it profitable to
invest I will take loans and invest the money.

Please send me the details as I have to descide If I create a new
downloadable program.

Also suggest a NAME for the new program. As "GetClub" is already taken
by the Java version. GetClub is for average Players only and I am not
going to improve it further.

I want that program to have a new NAME and that would be the Strongest
Program in the WORLD.

Bye
Sanny

Old November 3rd 08, 08:09 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
Kenneth Sloan

Sanny wrote:
I am thinking of creating a new Chess Program that can be downloaded
and played on computer.

I am thinking of designing it in C++ that will be 10-20 times faster
than the Java version. and that will be Strongest Program in the
World.

What functionalities should I give in the downloaded program So that I
get more sales?

a) play legal chess.

--
Kenneth Sloan
Birmingham, AL 35294-1170
Old November 3rd 08, 10:22 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.boomerang
Offramp

On Nov 3, 6:52 am, Sanny wrote:
[...]

I have a 1024-node, 32-way symmetric multiprocessor system with a peak
performance of about 24 TeraOperations per second.
The hard drive is a sphere—about the size of Rover in The Prisoner—
coated in Perspex and filled with liquefied gallium arsenide. Do you
know about van der Waals dispersion forces? Well that is the essence
of the hard drive. The sphere is suspended a hundredth of a millimetre
above its perigee by use of two electromagnetic gyroscopes - so it can
rotate through all its axes at lightning speed. It is surrounded by
thousands of miniature laser beams that can write to any part of the
interior of the sphere. Data is stored by the heat from the laser
beams causing the gallium arsenide to crystallise; essentially each
molecule of gallium arsenide becomes one bit; each crystal contains
about 100 million bits. One week I calculated that the entire sphere
would have a potential memory of about one hundred trillion
yottabytes. (Enough for all my music.)

I have 160 Terabytes of RAM with some fans in the ceiling help to keep
the ambient temperature down to about 4 degrees Celsius. Lox runs
through small cables - like fibre-optic cables - and back through a
freezer. This keeps the motherboard down to about 170 Kelvins.

I am willing to try out your new chess program on my computer.

My problem is that I am using Windows 3.1 and I keep getting the
message:

* Press any key to terminate the current application.
* Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart your computer. You will
lose any unsaved information in all applications.
Press any key to continue.

What does that mean?
Old November 3rd 08, 11:59 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer
ave

Again I'm trying to be honest in here, I kind of assume you wont invest the
money you suggest amongst other things. But, just in case you're seriously
considering it:

I am thinking of designing it in C++ that will be 10-20 times faster
than the Java version. and that will be Strongest Program in the
World.

In all honesty, I would say... just don't. As you will not be able to
produce such a program and you will lose a lot of money.

If your Java program played the best chess in the world, but was just slow.
I could see why you would contemplate such a move. But your Java program
does not play the best chess in the world, it doesn't even come close to the
best chess in the world. So trying to suggest simply switching to C++ and
you could produce such a program is not realistic.

What functionalities should I give in the downloaded program So that I
get more sales?

I would say it needs to support multiple processors, play proper chess, have
various settings configurable (such as 'personalities', its depth etc.).
Simply looking at other chess programs will give you lots of ideas (don't
"copy" other programs, just use them for inspiration). You will need great
presentation.

If my program plays better than Rybka and Fritz how much price I
should keep for the program to get more money?

The amount of copies sold will not really equate to how well it plays.
Ofcourse, it needs to play *well*. And even as good as it possibly can be.
But that isn't the major reason for it to sell. It will need great reviews,
great publicity all this comes from marketing.

GetClub Program will play stronger than all the above listed. So what
should be the price I should keep for the downloaded Program?

It depends on your target audience, do you want as broad a market as
possible or more of a focused niche? For example, if you specifically target
chess professionals (and the program matches what your audience wants) you
can charge more. But you will sell less because of the focused audience. For
a more general audience you need to charge less, but will probably sell
more.

This is all standard stuff that anyone who wants to sell something should
understand without being told .

The best way to decide a price isn't to query "how much should I charge?".
You need to take into account the cost to develop and market. Figure how
much you can sell (which is usually the job of the marketting department
after they've examined the product). Factor in some profit and voila. You
have a product price.

Can I sell 1000 copies/year?
Can I sell 10,000 copies/ year?
Can I sell 100,000 copies/ year?
Or 1,000,000 copies/ year?

You cannot guess the number of copies you can sell without a product to
sell. Then you need a marketting team to look at it and look at your target
audience and they will tell you how many they think they can shift.

Because I will have to invest atleast $1,00,000 - $10,00,000 to create
this package and Market it.

I would strongly recommend you don't.

ave

Old November 3rd 08, 01:32 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
Bob Campbell

"Sanny" wrote in message
I am thinking of creating a new Chess Program that can be downloaded
and played on computer.

I am thinking of designing it in C++ that will be 10-20 times faster
than the Java version. and that will be Strongest Program in the
World.

What functionalities should I give in the downloaded program So that I
get more sales?

You clearly have no clue regarding programming, chess or marketing. I
would suggest you open a lemonade stand and concentrate on making the best
lemonade in the world. This goal is possibly within your (limited) skill
set.

Old November 3rd 08, 04:07 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
Sanny

You clearly have no clue regarding programming, chess or marketing. * I
would suggest you open a lemonade stand and concentrate on making the best
lemonade in the world. * *This goal is possibly within your (limited) skill
set.

Thats a high profit business. you get a profit of 50% of the sales.
You just need a busy street for this business and pay commision to
police man.

lemonade stand is very easy business with lots of profit I would
suggest it for anyone who want easy money.

I am fixed in Chess for last 2 years So I cannot jumpto other business
quickly. Well when I will retire I will think about this business.

At the moment I can offer you to play Chess at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html
If you want more juice come later.

Bye
Sanny

Old November 3rd 08, 04:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer
Sanny

Can I sell 1000 copies/year?
Can I sell 10,000 copies/ year?
Can I sell 100,000 copies/ year?

You cannot guess the number of copies you can sell without a product to
sell. Then you need a marketting team to look at it and look at your target
audience and they will tell you how many they think they can shift.

I would strongly recommend you don't.

ave

Great Advice. I will think over that. I find 80% of the players
playing at GetClub are unable to win against the Beginner Level.

So about 80% players it makes no sense whether it plays better moves
or not.

But I think the Marketing Ad "Worlds best" will drive a lot of new
customers. As people usually choose the best even if they do not need
them.

There are 1000s of programs in the Market but only the top one gets
sales. I just want to know how many Products get Sold by the Big
Names. If they are selling more than a Million copies then I can try
developing a stronger program else it would be a waste of my time &
money.

Can anyone get me the figure of

How many copies are sold by Fritz every year?

How many copies are sold by ChessMaster every year?

and How many copies are sold by Rybka every year?

If I have above figure I can descide about the how profitable the
business is.

Bye
Sanny

Old November 3rd 08, 04:18 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.boomerang
Sanny

I am willing to try out your new chess program on my computer.

But you have to wait an year for that Program. At the moment the
Program is on Papers and yet to be designed.

I will tell you when its ready. You will be the first Customer So I
will give that program to you for Free.

My problem is that I am using Windows 3.1 and I keep getting the
message:

* * * Press any key to terminate the current application.
* * * Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart your computer. You will
* * lose any unsaved information in all applications.
* * Press any key to continue.

I think there is some virus. Use some anti Virus. Or try ScanDisk.

Bye
Sanny

Old November 3rd 08, 04:19 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
Sanny

On Nov 3, 12:09*pm, Kenneth Sloan wrote:
Sanny wrote:
I am thinking of creating a new Chess Program that can be downloaded
and played on computer.

I am thinking of designing it in C++ that will be 10-20 times faster
than the Java version. and that will be Strongest Program in the
World.

What functionalities should I give in the downloaded program So that I
get more sales?

a) play legal chess.

Ofcourse That will be done in that program since it would be worlds
best.

Bye
Sanny

Old November 3rd 08, 04:44 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer
ave

Okay, I think you completely missed my point really .

Great Advice. I will think over that. I find 80% of the players
playing at GetClub are unable to win against the Beginner Level.

That does not make get club actually any good at chess. I doubt the number
of players playing at GetClub chess covers the entire chess playing
community to any large extent. 80% of players may be unable to win the
Beginner Level, but that doesn't automatically mean Beginner Level can beat
80% of the chess playing community or even 80% of the chess playing
community that would purchase a chess playing computer program.

So about 80% players it makes no sense whether it plays better moves
or not.

Yes, that wasn't really what my post was about. But nevermind

But I think the Marketing Ad "Worlds best" will drive a lot of new
customers. As people usually choose the best even if they do not need
them.

You can't put "Worlds best" in a marketing compaign unless it really is the
worlds best. Otherwise so other competitor is just going to come along,
throw a game out there when they completely thrash you. Or statistics that
show you aren't the worlds best and your programs reputation will go down
the drain. Even if you came back from that with a better program the damage
would be done.

There are 1000s of programs in the Market but only the top one gets
sales. I just want to know how many Products get Sold by the Big
Names. If they are selling more than a Million copies then I can try
developing a stronger program else it would be a waste of my time &
money.

I promise you, it is a waste of time and money for you. As I said, if
GetClub already played better than these I would guess it was possible. But
GetClub does not play anywhere near the level of these, not even close. And
even if you did make a better chess program, that does not mean you will
sell more copies.

Can anyone get me the figure of

How many copies are sold by Fritz every year?

How many copies are sold by ChessMaster every year?

and How many copies are sold by Rybka every year?

These are irrelevant to you...

If I have above figure I can descide about the how profitable the
business is.

No, you can't. If ChessMaster sells 1million copies. You can't say your
program would sell 1 million too. Even if it were better than ChessMaster.
It might sell zero. It might sell more. You cannot use these products sales
as a baseline to estimate your own sales because yours is a different
product. It's like Ford trying to use Toyota's sales to guess how many cars
they will sell. Even if they got the numbers it would be meaningless,
because theirs is a different product.

To determine if it's a profitable business, you need a product and a
marketing team and they will tell you how many they think they can sell. The
product doesn't need to be finished, just in a state the marketing team can
see what it will be like when it is finished.

ave