FritZ 11 How to stop Computer from playing oon New Game

Old July 1st 09, 07:12 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc
Locksley Young

Default FritZ 11 How to stop Computer from playing oon New Game

Every time a click on New Game after plying through a game, the Computer
promptly makes the first move. How can i stop that behavior?

Thanks.
Locksley

Old July 2nd 09, 12:20 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc
Detectorist

On Jul 1, 2:12*pm, "Locksley Young" wrote:
Every time a click on New Game after plying through a game, the Computer
promptly makes the first move. How can i stop that behavior?

Thanks.
Locksley

Click on engine-switch off. Then click on file-new-position setup-
reset- side to move: white.

Always make sure engine is off so you can move the ppieces at will.
There may be other ways to do what you want but that's the way I do it.
Old July 2nd 09, 05:04 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc
Locksley Young

"Detectorist" wrote in message
On Jul 1, 2:12 pm, "Locksley Young" wrote:
Every time a click on New Game after plying through a game, the Computer
promptly makes the first move. How can i stop that behavior?

Thanks.
Locksley

Click on engine-switch off. Then click on file-new-position setup-
reset- side to move: white.

Always make sure engine is off so you can move the ppieces at will.
There may be other ways to do what you want but that's the way I do it.

Thanks for your response.. but when I am reviewing games I like to leave
"Infinite Analysis" turned on.
I think I uesd to do this before... but I cannot remember how. I think there
is a menu where you can decide on the behavior when you finish a game and
starting a new one... but I cannot find it. I wonder if this has something
to do with the game level that is set.??

Locksley

Old July 2nd 09, 06:07 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc
Detectorist

On Jul 2, 12:04*am, "Locksley Young" wrote:
[...]

Now that's a different question that you didn't ask. Just click on the
microscope on the tool bar. You've got to play with all the functions
to really get to know them.
Old July 2nd 09, 11:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc
Locksley Young

"Detectorist" wrote in message
On Jul 2, 12:04 am, "Locksley Young" wrote:
"Detectorist" wrote in message

On Jul 1, 2:12 pm, "Locksley Young" wrote:

Every time a click on New Game after plying through a game, the Computer
promptly makes the first move. How can i stop that behavior?

Thanks.
Locksley

Click on engine-switch off. Then click on file-new-position setup-
reset- side to move: white.

Always make sure engine is off so you can move the ppieces at will.
There may be other ways to do what you want but that's the way I do it.

Thanks for your response.. but when I am reviewing games I like to leave
"Infinite Analysis" turned on.
I think I uesd to do this before... but I cannot remember how. I think
there
is a menu where you can decide on the behavior when you finish a game and
starting a new one... but I cannot find it. I wonder if this has something
to do with the game level that is set.??

Locksley

|Now that's a different question that you didn't ask. Just click on the
|microscope on the tool bar. You've got to play with all the functions
|to really get to know them.

I know how to use Infinite Analysis!! I meant that because I use Infinite
Analysis I need the engine on. I do not want to turn the engine off.

Locksley

Old July 3rd 09, 08:01 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc
Martin Brown

Locksley Young wrote:
Every time a click on New Game after plying through a game, the Computer
promptly makes the first move. How can i stop that behavior?

It is hard to interpret your question unambiguously.
Are you looking for &Game &Options "Flip board on New Game" ?

Regards,
Martin Brown
Old July 3rd 09, 04:25 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc
Locksley Young

"Martin Brown" wrote in message
news
Locksley Young wrote:
Every time a click on New Game after plying through a game, the Computer
promptly makes the first move. How can i stop that behavior?

It is hard to interpret your question unambiguously.
Are you looking for &Game &Options "Flip board on New Game" ?

Regards,
Martin Brown

When I click on New Game the game is reset to the starting position and the
computer immediately plays 1. d4 , for example.
I want the change the behavior to where the game is reset to the starting
position but no move is played immediately.

Thanks.

Old July 3rd 09, 05:14 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc
Martin Brown

Locksley Young wrote:
Every time a click on New Game after plying through a game, the Computer
promptly makes the first move. How can i stop that behavior?

It is hard to interpret your question unambiguously.
Are you looking for &Game &Options "Flip board on New Game" ?

When I click on New Game the game is reset to the starting position and the
computer immediately plays 1. d4 , for example.
I want the change the behavior to where the game is reset to the starting
position but no move is played immediately.

What I suggest will do what you want half of the time.

Regards,
Martin Brown