GetClub vs Rybka anyone trying out?

Old August 18th 09, 02:59 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer
help bot

Default GetClub vs Rybka anyone trying out?

On Aug 17, 5:22*am, Sanny wrote:

Now Help Bot will find it very difficult to beat the Beginner Level.

It seems that, somehow, help bot is improving;
I am winning every game now. A while back, I
was having serious problems with my vision--
but now, although I need strong glasses to read
small text, I play chess like a genius again.

So I am very satisfied with the way GetClub is playing. I wish players
to have a match between GetClub and Rybka. *I want to see how GetClub
beats Rybka.

That's easy! Just remove Rybka's Queen at
the start of the game, and make sure you use
GetClub's Advance or Master level. Under
those conditions, you will (eventually) see GC
thrash Rybka repeatedly. GetClub will thump
Rybka in the Queen's Gambit, as well as in the
King's Gambit. Rybka will lose in the Sicilian,
and she will be crushed in the Colle. Even in
the endgame-- that part of the game in which
GetClub is weaker than 90% of all humans--
Rybka will stand no chance, down a Queen.

The only thing you have to worry about is the
fact that, set up properly, Rybka will be trying
hard to find some crazy forced repetition of
position to escape with a draw, and GC is far
too weak to /consistently/ avoid them. But let's
not forget the one huge weakness of Rybka--
her inexperience in defending lost positions.
So then, removing her Queen at the beginning
of every game sort of levels the playing field a
bit-- in more ways than one.

-- help bot
Old August 18th 09, 10:21 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer
chipschap

*I want to see how GetClub
beats Rybka.

* That's easy! * Just remove Rybka's Queen at
the start of the game

I think to make this work out you will need to instead remove Rybka's
*King* at the beginning of the game.