Is 1. e4 e6 now the FREEDOM Defense?

Old July 5th 03, 11:00 AM
LeModernCaveman

Default Is 1. e4 e6 now the FREEDOM Defense?

??

Old July 6th 03, 10:05 PM
bhnews

"LeModernCaveman" wrote in message
??

Hey, that would be irony. The French Defense is one of the more cramped
defenses to 1.e4 (of the traditional openings). To change it to the "Freedom
Defense" would indeed be ironic.
Come to think of it, I suggested to my girlfriend that we have a
"freedom kiss".

Old July 7th 03, 04:58 AM
Martin

"LeModernCaveman" wrote in message
??

The desert nomads have proven that the americans are not all they claim to
be!
Did they find weapons of mass destruction?
Did they find Bin laden?
Did they give the Statue of Liberty back?

What has this all got to do with chess?

Old July 7th 03, 08:30 AM
LeModernCaveman

The desert nomads have proven that the americans are not all they claim to
be!
Did they find weapons of mass destruction?

We didn't have to. We gave them to him in the first place.

Did they find Bin laden?
Did they give the Statue of Liberty back?

Did Saddam murder Kuwaiti citizens?

Isn't that called GENOCIDE?

(Stopping genocide is a universal justification for war).

What has this all got to do with chess?

1. e4 e6 is the FRENCH defense, or was.

Old July 8th 03, 11:07 PM
Ron

In article ,
"King Leopold" wrote:

Maybe we should just invade your house Ron. What might we find there?

Well, given the way the constitution is being shredded, we're too close
to "say something unpopular, get arrested" for me to take this in good
humor.

(Perhaps you've heard about the no-fly list? Prominent liberals with no
criminal records being placed on a federal list which prevents them from
flying?)

If you want to talk about Saddam and genocide, talk about the Shiites
in southern Iraq. Not Kuwaittis. Otherwise you run the risk of looking
like an idiot.