Kasparov ' On my great predecessors Vol. 1'

Old July 1st 03, 12:48 PM
M. Wehrmann

Default Kasparov ' On my great predecessors Vol. 1'

Kasparov's new book
'On my great predecessors, Vol. 1'
came out.

Is it good?

MW

Old July 1st 03, 05:52 PM
M. Wehrmann

"Tapio Huuhka" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
"M. Wehrmann" wrote:

Kasparov's new book
'On my great predecessors, Vol. 1'
came out.

Is it good?

MW

yes it is

Why is it good?

MW

Old July 1st 03, 10:03 PM
Arfur Million

"M. Wehrmann" wrote in message

Kasparov's new book
'On my great predecessors, Vol. 1'
came out.

Is Garry a Lexx fan?

Old July 2nd 03, 11:58 PM
Mark Houlsby

M. Wehrmann wrote:
"Tapio Huuhka" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
"M. Wehrmann" wrote:

Kasparov's new book
'On my great predecessors, Vol. 1'
came out.

Is it good?

MW

yes it is

Why is it good?

MW

Kasparov is a strong player who is good at both analysing and
annotating. There can be few players in the world (let alone of
Kasparov's calibre) who would go to the *trouble* of producing a series
of books such as this...

That's pretty much it, I think.

MH

http://web2news.com/?rec.games.chess.analysis
Old July 3rd 03, 11:00 AM
Tapio Huuhka

"M. Wehrmann" wrote:

"Tapio Huuhka" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
"M. Wehrmann" wrote:

Kasparov's new book
'On my great predecessors, Vol. 1'
came out.

Is it good?

MW

yes it is

Why is it good?

MW

This is a tough one -- I've just skimmed it once. It covers history from
Greco to Alekhine as seen by Kasparov and Plisetsky and their multiple
sources. Compared with one of my favorite chess books, Masters of the
Chessboard (covering roughly the same period): twice the size and games,
half the main players. And those Kasparov annotations: they are probably
good for both beginner and grandmaster, easy to read in a level you want
to. He has put a lot of work into this book and used a computer
intelligently with the analysis. So this one is much more advanced than
Reti's classic, benefiting fully from the 75 years of progress in chess.

Tapio

Old July 4th 03, 03:31 AM
bhnews

It's on my buy list, along with Jennifer Love Hewitt's portrayal of Audrey
Hepburn in a movie from a couple of years ago.

"Mark Houlsby" wrote in message
M. Wehrmann wrote:
"Tapio Huuhka" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Kasparov's new book