Puzzle

Old April 5th 17, 12:11 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis
Andy Walker[_3_]

Default Puzzle

A friend showed me the following [rather simple] little chess puzzle:

From the standard starting position, remove the BRa8 and the WPe2.
This is the position after White's 8th move. What were the first
7 moves?

Enjoy!

--
Andy Walker,
Nottingham.
Old April 5th 17, 11:38 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis
Rainer[_2_]

On 05/04/2017 13:11, Andy Walker wrote:

A friend showed me the following [rather simple] little chess puzzle:

From the standard starting position, remove the BRa8 and the WPe2.
This is the position after White's 8th move. What were the first
7 moves?

Enjoy!

Nice! I assume that most people will need two attempts to solve it.

This was a spoiler for those who want to solve it with their first
attempt ;-).

Cheers,
Rainer

Old April 7th 17, 09:04 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis

On Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 1:11:54 PM UTC+2, Andy Walker wrote:
A friend showed me the following [rather simple] little chess puzzle:

From the standard starting position, remove the BRa8 and the WPe2.
This is the position after White's 8th move. What were the first
7 moves?

Enjoy!

--
Andy Walker,