Help, please! - Printing chess diagrams in Word under XP.

Old December 16th 03, 08:06 PM
Igor K

Default Help, please! - Printing chess diagrams in Word under XP.

Happy Holidays,

Strange things have been happening when I tried to edit my Word files
(from NT and Win 98 pcs) with ChessBase / ChessBase light output on PC
that runs Windows XP.

1. When I open on XP file that was previously saved on non-XP PC, I
see no diagrams, just an empty space. I tried to change the font from
DiagramTTFritz to something else, then change it back - no luck!

2. When I create new file from ChessBase on XP PC, I can see diagrams
in Word using font "DiagramTTFritz" - no problems whatsoever. So the
same file I can have two identical diagrams and one will be shown
(created in XP) and the other one won't.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. I am doing majority of my
articles/lectures in Word and this is very annoying,. I am converting
to XP, but some of my work was saved on Win 98, and some on Win NT.

Thanks in advance,
Igor

http://www.IamCoach.com
Old December 17th 03, 12:09 AM
Marco

Hi Igor, I had the same problem until a few days ago. This is how
I solved it. You open the document with Word, then instead of
sending it to the printer you tick the "print to file" option.
This will create a file of type .prn. You then open this file
with GSView, a program which is freely available for example at
the site

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/gsview/

(it's often used by mathematicians and physicists to download
articles with figures, formulae, etc), and THEN you can print it.
I'm sure there must be easier ways to do it, but this is the only
one I know of.
Hope this helps,

Marco

Old December 20th 03, 11:50 PM
sporty

Did you guys try using WORD's option to embed fonts with saved
documents, look under options -- save --- tick embed truetype fonts

cheers
Stephen