What do i learn from this?

Old December 30th 03, 03:20 AM
Nomad

Default What do i learn from this?

I'm studying the chess game for 4 weeks now and i really must say CM9000
helps me alot.
Like all you guys i don't want to keep studying but play soem games as well.
I've accomplished the beginners part of CM9000 and started playing a game.

Here goes:

White:Mateo Elo 1689\
Black:Ricardo ELo 000
20 min game

d4-d5
Nf3-c6
c4-Nf6
Ng5-dxe4
Nc3-c5
Qa4-Qd7
Qd7+-Bxd7
e3-Nc6
Bc4-h6
Nf7-Rg8
Ne5-Rh8
Bf7+-Kd8
Nc6+-Kc7
I think he could have killed me here, let me know

Ne5-e6
Bd2-Bd6
Nxd7-Kxd7
dxc5-Bxd5
Na4-b6
Nxc5-Ke7
Be6-bxc5
Bf5-Rd8
Bc3-Rd5
Bg6-Rd8

Now the computer spoiled all of his time 0-1
he could have palyed e4 or am i wrong.
There were better moves , i'd like to hear them
I really felt under pressure, i don't know of any openings, just folloeing
my (small) brain.
Any suggestions what i should do to improve.
I will look into CM 9000 more but i wanted to play a game , it should be fun
and not just pratice.

Thanks for yr comments

Nomad

Old December 30th 03, 03:21 PM
Antonio Torrecillas

En/na Nomad ha escrit:
I'm studying the chess game for 4 weeks now and i really must say CM9000
helps me alot.
Like all you guys i don't want to keep studying but play soem games as well.
I've accomplished the beginners part of CM9000 and started playing a game.

Here goes:
(...)

Hello,

My suggestion is to continue playing, ... before studying anything you
need to play many games.

Playing you will enjoy nice chess battles and later you will need more
ideas, themes, thecnics to progress and to enjoy more chess games.

AT

Old December 30th 03, 09:29 PM
Ron

"Nomad" wrote in message ...

Some off the cuff comments.

Here goes:

White:Mateo Elo 1689\
Black:Ricardo ELo 000
20 min game

d4-d5
Nf3-c6

This seems unneccesarily passive. Your d-pawn isn't attacked, so I see
little reason to play a developing move like Nf6 instead.

c4-Nf6
Ng5-dxe4

I have to assume you mean dxc4 here, since there's no pawn on e4.
This move was not neccesary, and it might have been better to develop
another piece.

Nc3-c5

I don't particularly like this move of yours, either. Develop your
pieces!

Qa4-Qd7
Qd7+-Bxd7
e3-Nc6
Bc4-h6

e6, shutting down the bishop's attack on f7, was stronger.

Nf7-Rg8
Ne5-Rh8
Bf7+-Kd8
Nc6+-Kc7
I think he could have killed me here, let me know

You have to recapture.

I'[m going to stop commenting here because I don't think it's that
relevant. Rather, let's discuss what you can do to get better.

Now the computer spoiled all of his time 0-1
he could have palyed e4 or am i wrong.
There were better moves , i'd like to hear them
I really felt under pressure, i don't know of any openings, just folloeing
my (small) brain.
Any suggestions what i should do to improve.

First, KEEP PLAYING. This is the most important thing. Keep playing
and look over your games. Try to play against humans at slower time
controls (go to www.freechess.org for a great place to play for free
online).

Also, keep looking over your games. The next time you post a game,
include some ideas about what you think you could have done better.
I'll bet you'll start to see stuff, like e6 in this game.

Lastly, I'm going to recommend two books. Chernev and Reinfeld's
"Winning Chess, How to See Three Moves Ahead," and Chernev's Logical
Chess, Move by Move. I think you'll find these books challanging and
helpful, and they'll give you lots of ideas you can start to implement
in your games right away.

The first book is out of print, but not too hard to find.

Good luck.

-Ron