Mig Migged (... Sloan, ¿sloaned?)

Old July 10th 03, 04:49 PM
Antonio Torrecillas

Default Mig Migged (... Sloan, ¿sloaned?)

En/na Sam Sloan ha escrit:
According to Doctor SBD, Mig has posted the following game from the
World Open:

[White "Greengard, Michael"]
[Black "Ross, Laura"]

1.d4 d5 2.Bg5 h6 3.Bh4 c6 4.Nf3 Qb6 5.Nbd2 Bf5 6.b3 e6 7.e3 Nd7
8.c4 Ba3 9.Be2 Bb2 10.Rb1 Bc3 11.Rc1 Qa5 12.O-O g5 13.Rxc3
(13.cxd5 cxd5 14.e4 Bxe4 15.Bg3) 13...Qxc3 14.Bg3 Qa5 15.cxd5
(...)

Mig claims that 13. Rxc3 is a sacrifice which he has played before.
However, it was not a sacrifice. Mig was lost already. Otherwise, if
Mig plays 13. Bg3, Laura Ross wins a knight with 13. ... g4 14. Ne5
Bxd2.

Also, Mig gives 13. cxd5 cxd5 14. e4 Bxe4. However, instead of 14. ...
Bxe4, Laura can play 14. .... dxe4 which also wins a piece since the
bishop on h4 and the knight on f3 are both attacked by pawns.

Considering that Mig has Fritz to analyze for him, this is not only
poor analysis but a pure patzer game as well.

Remember, that Mig posted this game as an example of his play. One
wonders how he played in the other games which he did not post.

Sam, .... a good advice for you is to have a look carefully at that game
before claim to be right and Mig to be wrong!!

After your comment "13.Bg3 Laura Ross wins a knight with g4", white has
the fantastic 14.b4!! ...
You can try to refute it (with your Fritz if you want), but it is very
difficult to find a clear way to have some advantage with all your
pieces misplaced and your position weakened. ... Try to refute it!

Maybe Mig looked at it with Fritz and Fritz did not suggested 13...g4
after finding 14.b4!

But I agree with you that the comment "13. Rxc3 is a sacrifice which he
has played before." is a patzer comment, because only a patzer will
repeat this poor opening play (like only a patzer will defend black
position in some dubious lines with 4 pawns down, as we have seen here).

But all we are patzers, ... a 2400 player is a patzer looked by a
2600-GM, a 2000 player is a patzer looked by a 2300 player, ... and so
on, ... (it's no very different than in mathematics, in social status,
in force, in beauty, ...)

All we have our own place and must know our limits, it's very simple!

yours,
Antonio Torrecillas (patzer)

Pd: Myself from a Englih language point of view am a big "patzer" and I
don not understand most part of "word games" used here. I do not
undestand what does mean "mig migged" and I expect noy to be ridiculous
or unpolite with my subject.

Old July 10th 03, 04:53 PM

Default Mig Migged

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 16:49:26 +0200, Antonio Torrecillas
wrote:

[...]

Good analysis and excellent points.

Thank You.

By the way, I do not have Fritz myself. I just assumed that Mig has
it.