my opening strategy-what do you think?

Old January 25th 04, 02:34 AM

Default my opening strategy-what do you think?

I am elo 1500 player, and my strategy is to play Bishop game (1. e4 e5
Bc4) against 1...e5, closed siclian with kingside attack agaist 1...c5
and as black Nimzo-indian agaist 1.d4 and Scandinavian 2...Qxd5 agaist
1. e4
I have good results in Bishop game in 15 0 thinking times (havent
played yet long games with that) I think white can get better position
quite easily in my level agaist often unprepared opponent. In closed
sicilian white has easy king attack plan and in Scandinavian black can
get even position agaist unprepared opponent, in Nimzo everything is
pretty new to me but It should be solid defence.
What do you think of my opening repertoire in my level of playing? Do
you think I should change it? How?
Thank you for you answers

Riku
Old January 25th 04, 05:00 PM
Yves Surmont

I think it's a good repertoire. From my own experience, your white
repertoire seems a very good choice, the bishop game being sharp and
dangerous for black if he plays too passively, while the closed sicilian
gives you "easy" moves in the opening and a straightforward plan in the
middlegame.
The scandinavian can be dangerous for black, even if white "simply
developes". But here also, you have almost always the same sequence of moves
you can play in the opening, so easier to remember and focus on the plan
behind the opening.
I'm not acquainted with the nimzo-indian, but any opening which gives you a
somehow "free" game as black against 1.d4 is good.
CU
--
http://users.pandora.be/yves.surmont/ccmain.htm
schreef in bericht