Sick of players who INSIST on playing *BOOK* openings

Old July 17th 03, 06:31 PM
gorkov43

Default Sick of players who INSIST on playing *BOOK* openings

You posted this same game twice as examples of how well you do with this
"opening". I am assuming this is the solitary win...out of how many games?

Scott wrote in message
White: Scott

Black: 1800-player

1. e4 c5
2. Ke2 d5
3. Ke3 dxe4
4. f3 Qd4+
5. Ke2 Nf6
6. d3 b6
7. Be3 Qxb2
8. Nd2 exd3+
9. cxd3 Nd5
10. Qc1 Qxc1
11. Rxc1 Nc6
12. Nc4 Nxe3
13. Kxe3 g6
14. Kf2 Bg7
15. Be2 Bd4+
16. Ke1 0-0
17. Kf1 Bf5
18. a4 Bxg1
19. Rxg1 Nd4
20. Re1 Nxe2
21. Rxe2 Rad8
22. Nb2 Rfe8
23. Re3 h5
24. Ke2 f6
25. g4 Bc8
26. gxh5 Bf5
27. hx6g Kg7
28. f4 e5
29. fxe5 Rxe5
30. Rxe5 fxe5
31. Rg5 Kf6
32. h4 Kg7
33. Rxf5 Kh6
34. h5 Rd5
35. Nc4 Rd8
36. Nxe5 Re8
37. Kf3 Re7
38. Kf3 Re7
39. Kf4 Rg7
40. Ng4#

Old July 17th 03, 09:52 PM
Mike Ogush

Scott,

I don't see how this games illustrates your claim that peeple who just
memorize openings get confused when out of book. Your oppenent played
the opening well enough to have a winning advantage by move 11. The
three main mistakes that your opponent made were well into the
middlegame, if not the ending:
1) Black should have played 21...Bxd3 winning a pawn and the
exchange.
2) Black played 24...f6?, which loses a pawn. Better was 24...Rd4
follwed up by 25...Kf8 (overprotecting e7 and freeing the Re8.
3) Black hung a piece with 32...Kg7. Instead 32...Bxg6 gives Black

a solid pawn plus, which shouls still be enough to win.

Mike Ogush

On 16 Jul 2003 21:07:57 -0700, (Scott) wrote:

White: Scott
Black: 1800-player

1. e4 c5
2. Ke2 d5
3. Ke3 dxe4
4. f3 Qd4+
5. Ke2 Nf6
6. d3 b6
7. Be3 Qxb2
8. Nd2 exd3+
9. cxd3 Nd5
10. Qc1 Qxc1
11. Rxc1 Nc6
12. Nc4 Nxe3
13. Kxe3 g6
14. Kf2 Bg7
15. Be2 Bd4+
16. Ke1 0-0
17. Kf1 Bf5
18. a4 Bxg1
19. Rxg1 Nd4
20. Re1 Nxe2
21. Rxe2 Rad8
22. Nb2 Rfe8
23. Re3 h5
24. Ke2 f6
25. g4 Bc8
26. gxh5 Bf5
27. hx6g Kg7
28. f4 e5
29. fxe5 Rxe5
30. Rxe5 fxe5
31. Rg5 Kf6
32. h4 Kg7
33. Rxf5 Kh6
34. h5 Rd5
35. Nc4 Rd8
36. Nxe5 Re8
37. Kf3 Re7
38. Kf4 Rg7
39. Ng4#

I would say if you are playing e4 then Ke2 and Ke3 and still winning, then
your opponents aren't strong enough.

You should find stronger opponents, then try that opening and see what
happens..

"Scott" wrote in message
m...
I have found a lot of players (at least online) - only play book
openings from memory - and when things deviate drastically from what
they are used to (especially in a 5-min game) - they can be easily
defeated. As a test I have gone on to various chess playing sites and
opened my game with 1. e4 * 2. ke2 * 3. ke3 * etc. and won the games
90% of the time. After my silly moves they tend to overextend and I
then play in a more traditional and aggressive fashion.

-Scott