Sick of players who INSIST on playing *BOOK* openings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 16th 03, 01:19 AM
Scott

Default Sick of players who INSIST on playing *BOOK* openings

I have found a lot of players (at least online) - only play book
openings from memory - and when things deviate drastically from what
they are used to (especially in a 5-min game) - they can be easily
defeated. As a test I have gone on to various chess playing sites and
opened my game with 1. e4 * 2. ke2 * 3. ke3 * etc. and won the games
90% of the time. After my silly moves they tend to overextend and I
then play in a more traditional and aggressive fashion.

-Scott