Dunne's Postal Chess Column

Old February 20th 04, 11:50 PM
Dan Quigley

Default Dunne's Postal Chess Column

Can I ask a favor of someone? I heard that a postal game of mine
recently
featured in Dunne's Chess Life column. I understand it's one in which
my 12
first moves were with pawns. I do vaguely recall playing such a game
in the
1990s, that I was not trying to be cute or anything, but that the best
move I could find truly were pawn moves for the given situation. I do
not subscribe to Chess Life and therefore have no access to the score
of the game. Would some kind soul who does have the score mind posting
it here for me?

Thanks,
Dan Quigley
Old February 21st 04, 05:11 AM
Douglas L Stewart

W: Dan Quigley (2133)
B: David White (2398)
APCT 1998

1.d4 Nc6 2.d5 Ne5 3.f4 Ng6 4.e4 e5 5.dxe6 fxe6 6.h4 Bb4+ 7.c3 Be7 8.g3 Bc5
9.h5 N6e7 10.b4 Bb6 11.c4 d6 12.a4 a5 13.Bb2 Nf6 14.h6 Rg8 15.hxg7 Nxe4
16.c5 Ba7 17.Qf3 d5 18.Rxh7 axb4 19.Qh5+ Kd7 20.Nf3 Qe8 21.Ne5+ Kd8 22.g4
Qxh5 23.gxh5 Black resigns

om...

Old February 21st 04, 02:07 PM
Dan Quigley

Thank you very much for posting this game for me. Now I remember why I
did not preserve this game. How often does a 1.d4 player get to play
against 1...Nc6 after all? Still, the effect of 12 pawn moves in a
row, and the first 15 of 16 moves being pawn moves is visually rather
stunning. It's nice to see this game again after all these years.

Best wishes,
Dan