Mike Leahy is a LIAR and a THIEF that Does NOT honor his so-called Money Back Promise

Old February 22nd 04, 03:29 PM
newsgroup_mail

Default Mike Leahy is a LIAR and a THIEF that Does NOT honor his so-called Money Back Promise

Yesterday I met with a local tournament player in our club who advised me
that he shelled out some money for Leahy's Bookup Express after having
recieved numerous emails aggressively encouraging him to upgrade from his
Bookup-Lite. He said he decided to give it a try mostly to stop the emails
from coming but found that he began getting even MORE emails after that (I
guess he was put on Leahy's sucker list) as Leahy began trying to peddle his
other crap. The tournament player said he was not at all impressed with the
software and sent it back to Leahy postage prepaid and did not receive one
dime back. It has been over 4 months. I am not going to mention this
person's name as I do not want him to be the subject of Leahy's (and the
numerous other phoney IDs that he uses in the newsgroup) attacks.

Old February 22nd 04, 08:04 PM
Mike Leahy

"newsgroup_mail" wrote in message
news:s13_b.588730$X%[email protected]
Yesterday I met with a local tournament player in our club who advised me
that he shelled out some money for Leahy's Bookup Express after having
recieved numerous emails aggressively encouraging him to upgrade from his
Bookup-Lite. He said he decided to give it a try mostly to stop the emails
from coming but found that he began getting even MORE emails after that

Just in case anyone is silly enough to believe that a reasonably smart chess
player would buy software in order to get fewer emails from me...

Of the few thousand people who buy Bookup products each year, I get
about four refund requests and they're handled quite promptly.

While it may confound our anonymous slanderer, my money back
guarantee applies to our download versions. Those who request refunds
get to keep the software.

Mike Leahy
"The Database Man!"
www.bookup.com

Old February 22nd 04, 08:37 PM
newsgroup_mail

You're a filthy liar Leahy. The person who you ripped off is one of the
nicest guys around, and you are very lucky he is not dragging your low life
ass into court. Do you really think you're fooling anyone with this bull you
are slinging?

Old February 23rd 04, 05:26 AM
Mogath3

You're a filthy liar Leahy. The person who you ripped off is one of the
nicest guys around, and you are very lucky he is not dragging your low life
ass into court. Do you really think you're fooling anyone with this bull you
are slinging?

Well, in all honesty I downloaded the demo a WHILE ago. As part of the demo
agreement, I was told that I'd get some emails about Mr. Leahy's products for
about a week. I did get emails, for about a week. While I very much like Mr.
Leahy's product very much, I cannot justify spending the green right about now
as things are a little tight. I was very satisfied with his product (demo) as
I'm sure a lot of others are. If you have some sort of problem or your friend
is getting emails that he does not want, they can be simply killfiled and no
further attention is required.
Coming here insulting someone is kind of absurd and doing it "annonymously"
doesn't give you much credibility and is actually amusing because you're not as
"annonymous as you think. Just a suggestion.....

Regards,
Jeff

Old February 23rd 04, 12:01 PM
newsgroup_mail

I have no problem with legitimate businesses....such
as Chessbase, Mattel, Chess Assistant, etc for example, that sell quality
products and honor their policies. Regardless of what you imbeciles (most of
you are just new IDs for the con-man Leahy) say to try to dilute things, the
facts remain.

1. Mike Leahy spams the hell out of you if you are foolish enough to give
him your email address, and he will sell that email address to third parties
and they will spam the hell out of you. This is what he did to me and
numerous others.

2. He did not honor his "money-back-guarantee" when an individual bought his
software and later returned it, thereby committing theft as well.

3. Bookup is garbage! Leahy is an out of work programmer that knows very
little about chess. The interface is crap, the functionality is crap, and it
doesn't do a single thing that Chessbase can't do. What Leahy lacks in
programming skill and chess knowledge, he definitely makes up for with his
very aggressive marketing practices

These are the facts, plain and simple. If you want to be a fool, and a
moron....go ahead and throw your money away. If you want to be smart, stick
to reputable software manufacturers that back up their policies.

Old February 24th 04, 01:44 AM
Chet Marino

Please go away...

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 19:37:34 GMT, "newsgroup_mail"
wrote:

You're a filthy liar Leahy. The person who you ripped off is one of the
nicest guys around, and you are very lucky he is not dragging your low life
ass into court. Do you really think you're fooling anyone with this bull you
are slinging?

Chet Marino
Westminster, CO
Old February 24th 04, 05:08 AM
newsgroup_mail

**** YOU!

"Chet Marino" wrote in message
Please go away...

Old February 24th 04, 05:14 AM
Randy Bauer

Default Jason Repa's Best Quote

Once again, our abused as a child Jason Repa weighs in with an original
quote.

news:Z6A_b.605931$X%[email protected]

Old February 24th 04, 05:52 AM
Jason Repa

Default Randy Bauer confides about the fact that he was sexually abused as a child.....bravo Randy!

Bauer, I guess you think that everyone reading these posts is as blindly
dumb as you are. It is quite clear to anyone with a brain that you are
PROJECTING (did you look that word up yet moron?) your abusive childhood
experiences. You see, the reason this is done is to protect the ego. It is
hard for anyone......especially a snivelling little coward such as
yourself.....to come out and open up about something so traumatic. It is an
extremely common phenomena for sexual abuse victims such as yourself to
either reinact their abuse by becoming abusers themself or they project
their abuse onto others. I sincerely hope you get the appropriate treatment
because if I found out that you were molesting children Bauer......I would
come to Iowa and put your out of your misery PERMANENTLY! That is not a
threat......that is a promise!

Old February 24th 04, 06:02 AM
Randy Bauer

Default Jason Repa - somebody help him!

I've now given many of Jason's posts to a well knownpyschologist here in
Iowa, and she suggests that you all keep your children away from him.

He exhibits all the tendencies of someone with a psychotic rage that is a
danger to those around him.

Jason, please, it is time for you to face your problems. We know that your
deranged posts here are a cry for help.

Seek help immeidately.

news:[email protected]