Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.analysis (Chess Analysis) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
anyone willing to help? by KDP
hi all as a beginer rated player im always looking for ways to improve. would anyone out there be willing to look at a recently completed game of mine and offer comments, criticism and suggestions for ways for me to improve? thanks in advance.
6 262
Bishops are better than knights by Zero
I was like all of you once. I once believed that knights were better than bishops. But now I think that bishops are better than knights: 1) Bishops are better than Knights in open positions. You can always open a closed position but you can never close an open position. (Open positions are ones with less pawns on the board) 2) Bishops travel faster and have more mobility.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 24th 05 02:44 PM
by Zero Go to last post
12 460
Famous Masters I Beat When They Were Kids by Sam Sloan
Here is a short list of famous chess masters I beat in rated tournament games when they were kids: Sal Matera (twice) Bruce Pandolfini Paul Truong Eugene Meyer Dimitry Schneider George Kane Steve Tarin
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 24th 05 09:37 AM
by Sam Sloane Go to last post
20 672
Hydra beats Adams in game 1 by [email protected]
Sam Sloan, you putrid pile of ****, you truly have done quite a good job at destroying this newsgroup. I see not one mention of the first game of the match, even though it was finished three days ago. Good job! Here's the story: http://au.news.yahoo.com//050621/19/ut1n.html
0 263
Gay Chess Federation by [email protected]
Beatriz wrote: Hello, I would like to hear from all of the Gay and Lesbian Chess players who would like to have a Gay Division of the U.S. Chess Federation, including a Gay Tournament to coincide with the Gay Parade in New York. I'm a happy and carefree chess player so can I join? :-)
0 261
Dutch Defense by [email protected]
What is the best way to play against the Dutch defense, Stonewall variation? I've lost many games trying to get on top of that thing. Old Haasie
7 350
New MMORPG Auction Site by WTS-Auctions.com
June 22nd 05 05:11 AM
by WTS-Auctions.com Go to last post
0 339
Grudge match: Sloan vs. Kingston or Sloan vs. Bauer. by Taylor Kingston
"As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly." Proverbs 11. Sam Sloan wrote: This entire thread started when Taylor Kingston claimed to be a 2300+ Elo rasted player. Kingston made numerous insulting remarks and personal attacks on Grandmaster Larry Evans among others. I thereupon challenged Taylor Kingston to a chess match for one thousand dollars cash money....
June 22nd 05 04:57 AM
by Randy Bauer Go to last post
3 443
Polish Chess Federation by Nevrati Souvlaki
Does anyone have any news about the Polish Chess Federation? I know Sam asked me for $500. to start it up, but I have not seen anything since then. I am not getting the magazine either. When will my subscription kick in?
June 21st 05 08:38 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
2 349
Spoiler Adams Hydra by Lee Harris
Seems Adams got into trouble and time ran out
June 21st 05 06:15 PM
by Lee Harris Go to last post
0 343
This sideline is not as harmless as new book claims by [email protected]
I recently purchased the new book by GM Lev Alburt...called Chess Openings for Black, Explained. Now this is NOT a review of the book Although I can say this...I love the layout in that you can easily follow the variations in this format because the diagrams are right there in front of you all the way. Most chess books give only one diagram per variation and then burying you with mounds of lines...
2 325
African-American Chess Hall of Fame by Frisco Del Rosario
In article , "Ray Gordon" wrote: I'm supposed to believe that this is Cleon Jones? We're supposed to believe that you are/we A seduction guru A chessplayer who routinely defeats 2300-rated chessplayers A hypnosis expert
June 21st 05 04:33 PM
by Liam Too Go to last post
3 321
Gay Chess Federation by Duncan Oxley
FYI: this is NOT Beatriz Marinello. Duncan
6 319
Sam Sloan's Chess Peak by Philip Feeley
The Historian wrote: Sam Sloan wrote: On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 02:25:49 GMT, "Ray Gordon" wrote: Okay, who wants to go through the NY Times archives?
June 21st 05 04:11 AM
by Philip Feeley Go to last post
0 308
I am OFFICIALLY declaring war on age bias in chess! by Ray Gordon
While I will not give my exact refutation of the "age myth" in chess on this forum (or even on my free website), I will say that the issue can now be officially declared nonexistent, and that age bias in chess should be eradicated. We should no longer dismiss our older players as being incapable of improvement, because they are among our best resources for current and future international...
June 21st 05 02:59 AM
by tom Go to last post
5 372
BACHMANN winner 1969 Whitby (UK) Open. Info please?! by Tim_Gluckman
A player who is / was unknown to me otherwise won the 1969 Whitby Open, and played some beautiful hypermodern chess e.g. with opening as Black (a type of Caro-Kann with fianchetto), c6, d5 g6 and if e4-e5 then, h5 bh6 bf5 etc. Does anyone have a copy of the article on that tourney that was written in Barry Wood's CHESS (Sutton Coldfield) magazine, or have any info on him pls? I would happily...
June 20th 05 07:45 PM
by Dr A. N. Walker Go to last post
4 427
Sam Sloan's Chess Peak by John J.
Didn't you play well in the 1969 San Juan tournament? John "Sam Sloan" wrote in message ... Sam Sloan's Chess Peak I believe that I reached my peak playing strength in chess in 1965-66. I was only 21 years old but after that I discovered girls and went straight downhill.
June 20th 05 07:31 AM
by John J. Go to last post
1 363
Grudge match: Sloan vs. Kingston or Sloan vs. Bauer. by Randy Bauer
In article , The Historian says... Randy Bauer wrote: In article , Tyrone Slothrop says... The short answer is that someone might back Sloan vs. Bauer OTB, but
June 19th 05 09:46 PM
by Mark Houlsby Go to last post
7 573
BAJADA DE LA VIRGEN - FINAL STANDINGS by Noticias de Ajedrez
Good Evening I send you final standings of III Open Bajada de la Virgen 2005, which just have finished in Salones of Club Nautico, in Santa Cruz de La Palma. In Prizes Ceremony were Teniente Alcalde de Santa Cruz de La Palma Anselmo Pestana, El Concejal de Deportes Suso Nuño, la representante de Cajacanarias Clara Isabel de Paz, Jose Miguel Fraguela Presidente de La Federacion Canaria y Adolfo...
June 19th 05 09:37 PM
by Philip Feeley Go to last post
1 375
best post WWII game anthology by [email protected]
Is there anything comparable to Tartakower and DuMont's 500 Mastergames of Chess that is more modern? If I recall correctly, it was written about 1938.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 19th 05 10:01 AM
by David Richerby Go to last post
18 669